KatMouse

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
KatMouse
The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering 'universal' scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows OSes). This is a major increase in the [usefulness] of the mouse wheel.

Another feature involves the wheel button. Since the wheel button is not consistently used in Windows, KatMouse can use it for a kind of task switching: with a click of the wheel button you can push a window to the [bottom] of the stack of windows that is your desktop, making a recovered window the active window.
KatMouse

Personal Notes: I use this software myself with a Logitech trackball and I love the primary feature however I completely disable the wheel button function for reorganizing the windows as I prefer to run another application which makes that button function as a double-click.

This may have issues with Logitech Mouseware but that software has been replaced by SetPoint and I have seen no warnings about compatibility with that.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Nice post! Sounds very similar to WizMouse.

I'm allergic to Kats though... LOL! :eek:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes it is very similar to WizMouse and I would not recommend using both at the same time but I would encourage picking the one that has functions closest to your needs and then trying another one if you have issues with your first choice.

(I'm allergic to Cats as well but my computer isn't :p )

Reaction score
KatMouse
KatMouse

I prefer to run another application which makes that button function as a double-click.
Do tell, what is the other application that you use to get your mouse wheel to function as a double-click? Does your app have any other functions? I have a dedicated app for that which was made for me that does just that, but nothing else.

Thanks for responding.
BearPup

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When I press my scroll wheel down it triggers a double-click because of a program called: DBLCLICK24 (dblclick v2.4)

The original link I used is now dead and I can no longer find it elsewhere on the web but I included a zipped copy in this post HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks for your posting. But mine is simpler than yours. It does only the double click, and I aded it in to my Start Menu folder so it starts whenever Windows loads. I've attached the zip file to this post.

The program was made for me @ donationcoder and is freeware.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I will probably stick with DBLCLICK v2.4 just because it is about 8 times smaller (under 100KB including 25KB for the readme and buglist), but it is good for people to have a choice so thanks for posting.

Ask a Question