Increase font size without messing around with the DPI settings


G

Glen Parks

I want to be able to increase the font size without having to change the DPI
settings. I'm sure I remember being able to do this in Win XP. Does anyone
here know how to do it?
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

G. Morgan

Glen Parks said:
I want to be able to increase the font size without having to change the DPI
settings. I'm sure I remember being able to do this in Win XP. Does anyone
here know how to do it?
Hold down <ctrl> and move the mouse scroll wheel.
 
E

Ed Cryer

I want to be able to increase the font size without having to change the DPI
settings. I'm sure I remember being able to do this in Win XP. Does anyone
here know how to do it?
Right click desktop
Personalize/ Display/ smaller-medium-larger.

There's also Screen Resolution through the display adaptor to play with.

Ed
 
K

Ken Blake

Hold down <ctrl> and move the mouse scroll wheel.

Let me just add that this is a Windows standard (since Windows XP, I
*think*) and works in many, (but not all) programs, whether they are
Microsoft programs or third-party programs.

Scrolling in one direction makes it bigger, the other direction
smaller.
 
A

Alex Clayton

Ken Blake said:
Let me just add that this is a Windows standard (since Windows XP, I
*think*) and works in many, (but not all) programs, whether they are
Microsoft programs or third-party programs.

Scrolling in one direction makes it bigger, the other direction
smaller.
Is there a way to do that with the laptops touch pads??
 
C

Char Jackson

Is there a way to do that with the laptops touch pads??
Some HP laptops, for example, have a 'swipe area' taking up a small
vertical band of the touchpad, typically along the right side of the
pad. I'm not sure if swiping that area while holding Ctrl would
achieve the desired effect, though. I can't try it right now.

An alternative is to hold Ctrl and tap the Plus or Minus key.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alex Clayton

Char Jackson said:
Some HP laptops, for example, have a 'swipe area' taking up a small
vertical band of the touchpad, typically along the right side of the
pad. I'm not sure if swiping that area while holding Ctrl would
achieve the desired effect, though. I can't try it right now.

An alternative is to hold Ctrl and tap the Plus or Minus key.
Thanks but neither works with this. That does work on Firefox but I was
hoping there would be some way to use it in WLM for this. If I don't have a
pair of glassed handy it's often hard to read this.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top