Impossible to install new video drivers due to BSOD on boot

Reaction score
Didn't BSOD, but still have Code 43, so I'm sure if I restart it enough times it will crash. I looked at the changes you made, and that's exactly what I've been doing by getting drivers at LaptopVideo2Go. That's what they do, they mod .infs to work on laptops when they aren't designed to. So while I do appreciate the effort, you've just had me do exactly what I've been doing all day. :)

Reaction score
You're welcome.

What is happening to you is very much like what happens to desktop users with NForce3 or below chipsets.

They are not supported on Vista or Win7 and because of that, they frequently run into code 43 problems. Some, but not all, users find success by clean installing Windows and then not allowing Windows Update to install drivers of any kind, ever. This may be your only chance of success in this case.

This advice only applies if you're completely sure your chipset drivers are updated to the absolute latest available from Alienware.

Here is reference to what I am talking about in case you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce3

Reaction score
I'm not formatting if it's not a guaranteed fix, and you're saying it's not. There's got to be something else I can do.

Reaction score
I don't get why AFTER I said I installed new chipset drivers (top of page 2) two people assume I didn't really do that and link me to exactly what I installed.... :|

Reaction score
Hey. I was just trying to make sure you did that and you're acting like we broke your machine or something. Not so cool.

I provided you with the best advice you are ever going to receive, anywhere, about your issue and that is to clean install and never allow Windows Update to install drivers of any type, ever.

You don't seem to want to heed that advice and still, I went out of my way to ensure you've done all you could possibly do without taking that measure.

Lucky for you, I know about these issues, why they happen and what could be done about them. Not very many people do. So I feel that I gave you all the info to set your laptop straight and there's not much else we could do.

Good luck with the clean install.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I provided you with the best advice you are ever going to receive, anywhere, about your issue and that is to clean install and never allow Windows Update to install drivers of any type, ever.
You may know a lot about certain things regarding computer issues especially when it comes to your analysis of dump files.

I am not credentialed in MS Windows tech support, not too many of us are here. In that statement you make it appear like your the Professor who taught the course!

That statement is extremely arrogant and self-serving, all that will do is push her away now. Besides how do YOU know that for sure? Did you write the book on all of this?

Your recent promotion as "Tier 2 Moderator" at the: http://windows7forums.com/ I hope didn't go to your head.

None of us here are the "End all and be all" when it comes to advice.

Reaction score
I've helped many, many users since the early beta days of Windows 7 successfully with error code 43. I have researched it through and through and yes, I could write a book on it if I chose to.

I very well know what I'm talking about and again say, I've provided the best advice the OP will ever receive on the subject. Period, end of story.

It's not arrogance at all. Simply fact. I don't know how else to say it.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I've provided the best advice the OP will ever receive on the subject. Period, end of story.
I'm glad to see you haven't had your slice of "Humble Pie" yet.

Plus I am sure there is somebody out there on the web who knows a lot more about this than you do, there always is, it's a fact of life. Period, end of Story!! :D

Unless of course you're the Second Coming of Christ, God, Buddha, or that alien that Scientologists worship! :eek:

Why don't you write that book or tutorial and post it for all of the masses to share and appreciate?

Reaction score
Why are you giving me a hard time here? I've provided expert knowledge.

How about this...if you're so sure that there's better advice out there for this, find it and then help the OP better than I already did.

(Good luck.)

My thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/35299-install-agp-drivers-hd-3850-3650-2400-pro.html

A post of mine: http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-...ivers-hd-3850-3650-2400-pro-3.html#post379860

Before it gets any more silly, I suggest you look at the links.

-----

To the OP: If there is a bios update available to you, please install it as that can only help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question