HP PSC 1210 drivers for Windows 7

Reaction score
I have this printer, the HP PSC 1210, and W7 doesn't seem to have any drivers at windowsupdate.
Does anybody know about any solution???

Reaction score
I'm pleased to say I do have a better answer!!!!!! Windows Update downloadad the driver for Windows 7 RC, so my printer's working OK.

Thanks for your concern, Jose
I also have a psc 1210 who'se own cd-driver tells me it isn't compatible with windows 7. and my windows updater said he didn't found anything.. so I would really need a valid direct link from where to download the driver, cause I'm desperate... I've been looking for days for a driver..
THANK YOU !!! please

Reaction score
I have the same issue as you, windows updates can't not fully find or install the driver for PSc1210. Only the scanner side of the printer is working but the system can not find the printer and i can not printer. ANY HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
tried compatibility fix

I ran setup for the hp psc1210 on my new Acer Aspire 5532 laptop running Windows 7
Home Premium. The printer was not recognized, and reported no driver installed or
needed. I went to Control Panel - System and Compatibility -Find and Fix Problems -
Programs (run programs made for previous versions of Windows). I clicked on Next,
selected hpoddt01.exe and clicked Next. I selected "Troubleshoot Program" and
under "What problems do you notice" I selected "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but will not run or install now" and clicked Next. Under "which version .." I selected Windows 2000 and proceeded from there. Then the printer worked.

Reaction score
Solution (this is what worked for me)

(this is what worked for me)

Issue: Windows 7 Tried to install my HP PSC 1210xi All-in-One printer but failed because it couldn't locate a driver.

Fix:

1. Start Menu -> Devices and Printers

2. *Right click* HP PSC 1210 Printer -> Remove Device

3. Disconnect/Reconnect the printer USB cord

4. *Right Click* HP PSC 1210 Printer again -> Troubleshoot

5. Then select the blue text below to change Windows option to Always allow Windows to auto update/search for drivers

After several minutes it worked!

Cheers!

Ben

Reaction score

Issue: Windows 7 Tried to install my HP PSC 1210xi All-in-One printer but failed because it couldn't locate a driver.

Fix:

5. Then select the blue text below to change Windows option to Always allow Windows to auto update/search for drivers

Cheers!

Ben
I have tried your steps xhich you give.
But I can't install driver HP 1210.
No drivers found. What I must to do?
Thank's.

Reaction score

Fix:

Cheers!

Ben
I have tried your steps which you give.
please email to me for your answer and sollution = (e-mail address removed)
Thank's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried your steps which you give.
please email to me for your answer and sollution = (e-mail address removed)
Thank's.
Control panel
Hardware and Sound
Devices and printers
Your printer should be in there so click it, then at the top click troubleshoot, this should scan windows update for drivers and install them for you.

Hope this Helped!!
Clare :D

Reaction score
Control panel
Hardware and Sound
Devices and printers
Your printer should be in there so click it, then at the top click troubleshoot, this should scan windows update for drivers and install them for you.

Hope this Helped!!
Clare :D
I know now why always windows update can't find search the driver.
the answer is because when I search the driver www.hp.com the driver not available for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

thank's for your attention and answer.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Microsoft sends you to the HP website to get drivers and the HP website says that you can use Windows update which can't find the driver and will refer you to the same place on the HP website again.

Does anyone have a fix or is it time to buy a new multi-function printer?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This thread was started while W7 was still in Beta testing; if there isn't a driver for it by now then I doubt HP plans to release one but you could try contacting HP support.

Reaction score
Bought a new multifunctional

Thanks for all the help. The truth is the driver is not available and Microsoft and HP only send you back to the other one. Bought a new multifunctional printer and decided it was time to move on.

Reaction score
Go to Hewlett Packard - Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides. Hope this helps you.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. The truth is the driver is not available and Microsoft and HP only send you back to the other one. Bought a new multifunctional printer and decided it was time to move on.
You done the right thing, English2Go. Many decent mulitfunction printers can be purchased for less than $100 these days. Mine retailed for $99, but I got a $30 discount from Kodak/Digital River, the final price was around $105, after inks, photo paper, taxes & shipping.

And it works great! I'm able to print with my notebook, and didn't have to install the software on it myself. When I setup the notebook, I joined my homegroup, my printer (and other items) are now shared.

Cat

Reaction score
1) Turn on your printer
2) Go to Windows Update: Control Panel -> Windows Update
3) Click 'Check for Updates' on the left
4) Click 'Optional Updates'
5) select psc 1200 series driver update
6) install

Ask a Question