SOLVED how can I clean up my comuter

Reaction score
Hi Can I clean up my computer to make it like new and be able to start over like it was new again. I'm having a lot of little problems and want start over with it as new windows 7 home premium. If I go to windows professional up grade or go to a complete new disk.or I would like to stay with windows 7 home premium as it was new and add all that I would if it was a new computer
Thank you Alan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The best way is to back up all your data to an external hard drive with windows easy transfer. Make sure you have your Windows 7 Product key. Download the latest drivers for your computer and store those on a CD or flash drive. Then format your hard drive and reinstall from the Windows 7 Home Premium Installation DVD (if you do not have one then create one using the links HERE). Reinstall the programs you need and restore your data from the Windows Easy Transfer back-up.

Reaction score
How or where is my product key It wont let me use the one on my cd

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If your computer is currently activated and valid then you can extract the information using freeware like SIW. Download and install SIW. Then run it and go to the Software > Licenses section. Windows product key is normally the first thing in the list. Do NOT accidentally write down the Windows default product key. Record it and keep it in a safe place. Never post your product key anywhere online.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Apparently SIW has discontinued the free home version but you can get the previous version at places that maintain old versions. I was searching for the best place but it's probably just as easy to get speccy.

Reaction score
Hi, I got may back up loaded on my removable hard drive plus my system image, I got a disk for x17-58997 iso and got my product key number for windows 7 home any thing else I need to do
Now how do I format my to hard drives in my computer so I can reload my windows 7 home?

Reaction score
good morning I now have a clean windows 7 home. some of the back ups from my removable hard did not work on the new windows 7, but I can deal with that. thanks for your help

Ask a Question