#%@!?*&% heat!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Ok so it's 10:00 pm and it's 93F outside.

This might be ok for Texas and Georgia and all, but Not Upstate NY. WTF!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's 10:30 PM now here and it's 90 F outside... I feel your pain. We're in a severe drought down here in Central Texas also. Lowest precipitation in several decades.

All the major natural and man-made lakes are drying up too.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's about 86F here in south central PA at 1AM and the humidity is so unbearable that when you step outside it feels hard to take a breath.

Reminds me of a quote from Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam, "It's hot ... damn hot ... hot and wet ... fine if you're with a woman but lousy if you're in the jungle". Well welcome to the jungle!

I actually just got back from Walmart. I've been walking an hour a day since mid February and it was just so hot even at midnight that I simply walked up and down the aisles at Walmart. I must have been asked by at least 5 stockers if they could help me find something. If it wasn't so repetitive I would have done the whole hour in frozen foods and the meat department with an occasional pass through fresh vegetables when the water spritzers were on.

(Rascal and I used to walk every day. We did that for about 7 years until the end when her arthritis made her refuse to even go near the truck. I figured it out one time and all the walking she & I did together we could have walked from the Canadian border all the way to Mexico City and back. Now it seems a lot harder doing it just by myself, especially after having stopped for over two years.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
On Tuesday the 19th we had the highest dew point in the nation / some said world it was 82 or 83 dew point it was dew point higher than Dubai on that day

Reaction score
We just went throgh a few 113 and 119 heat index days with 2 weeks of 100+ index
Hey super sarge I was just in jordan today fixing a house.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I guess I picked a good week to go on vacation (beach weather)! :D

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I guess I picked a good week to go on vacation (beach weather)! :D
Not me, I'm working outside in this bs.

Yes Nibs that's why I'm cranky.:mad:

Reaction score
I like warm weather actually. I was born outside of Dallas, Texas. Lived there most of my young childhood life.

Anyways back on topic. It is 12:20 AM and 59*F here in Portland. We are lucky here, this spring and summer has been very cool, the 2nd coolest and wettest on record. Normally, it would be 80-90* right now, which is warm enough that I cannot sleep under the thinnest blanket without my bed becoming soaked in sweat. I personally don't find those temps to be "hot" but my body seems to think otherwise.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not me. I say I can always put on more clothes but once I'm buck naked that's as cool as it gets ... and then the neighbors complain when I get the newspaper :p

And our heatwave broke a while back, it hits near 90 midday but is low-mid 70s nights. We've even had rain; Texas isn't doing well at all in that department.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Texas is in it's worst single year drought ever! Last week in Central Texas the average daytime high was 105 F !!

The "experts" state this will last for at least another month. La Nina is to blame and may cause the drought to extend into the Fall and Winter too.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
And still there are oil companies down there trying to use fresh water like it's going out of style to extract oil from rocks with some new fangled process that requires 6 barrels of fresh water per 1 barrel of oil.

People need to wake up and realize we need fresh water more than we need oil.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
It's the oil companies all over the gas and oil producing areas of the US. They use the water in a process called fracking, fracing or hydrofracking to fracture the subterranean rock layer to release more gas and oil.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yeah, all those damn fracking oil companies! :lol:

Reaction score
Where I live, it has been raining all spring and summer. Ironic, we get the 2nd wettest season on record while you get the driest....

......ALIENS :eek:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Dunno, was maybe a week ago the evening news said that Dallas was still coming in at 101 at 10pm... that got my attention pretty quick. :eek:

Astonishingly this isn't the worst drought Texas has ever been in, but it was over 100 years since the last one. Only within the last few days did this officially become the 2nd-worst drought.

Where I live, it has been raining all spring and summer. Ironic, we get the 2nd wettest season on record while you get the driest....
Funny how that works... I know a few UK friends that would just love to trade weather for a few months. They get rain like it was sunshine... :D

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Astonishingly this isn't the worst drought Texas has ever been in, but it was over 100 years since the last one. Only within the last few days did this
officially become the 2nd-worst drought.
The Austin-American Statesman had an article that the worst drought on record was the one of the early to mid-50's in Texas. At least along the Colorado River basin and it's tributaries. (I know... the Texas "Colorado River", not the REAL one with it's headwaters near Lake Granby, Colorado.)

This year in Central Texas is the worst single year drought on record as from October 2010 to present.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
All summer we've been getting temperatures at leat 10 degrees cooler than the norm and the first 2 weeks of August might as well be September with cool, cool weather and rain, rain, rain. Please trade with us.pllllllease!

Reaction score
Summer is so hot
I cant even stay in the sun's heat for 10 seconds without my skin burning up