Happy with New FritzBox

Reaction score
I installed my new FritzBox WLAN 7270 modem /router/voip yesterday and so far been very happy with it.
It's dual band so my iphones connect very quickly and being modern compared to my old modem webpages are generally loading faster as well.
Only annoying thing and not a fault of the unit itself is I cannot toss my VOIP box as my i.s.p has configured their servers to work with their own supplied VOIP box and my new one is not recognized. Annoying as part of the reason for getting the new bit of kit was to replace 3 boxes and all those damm cables with one.

Apart from that it set-up painlessly. Even more amazing (from any of my past experiences) was that when I emailed the supplier with a query I got a response in 30mins!!!!. Best turnaround time I've otherwise ever encountered from services or suppliers has been 24hrs and usually longer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know anything about VOIP but I would guess it requires a server, just like a DNS server for websites so did you contact your ISP to see if you can change the settings in your Fritzbox to get VOIP to work?

Reaction score
Yeah, chasing them up for settings. Be good if I can get it all happening from the one box.
VOIP saves heaps on phone calls.Quality is fine as not pc dependent just as long as modem/voip box powered up.

Ask a Question