Greetings Everyone

Reaction score
I'd like to say hello and introduce myself. I am from England, I just joined these forums, and I hope to get very well known here.

You forum looks very cool, clean, and easy to navigate. I suppose the navigation applies to all vBulletin forums, but you know what I mean. Good job to the forum creators.

I hope to develop very positive relationships everyone here. This forum will stand as a good aspect in my life.

I do not have any questions about how to use this site or Windows 7, as I am quite experienced in both vBulletin and Windows 7. Rather, I joined mainly to help others with their Windows 7-based computer, or any other operating system for that matter.

I hope to see you all around, and am very elated that I found this community. Cheers! :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Space.
P.S. Not of utmost importance, and of little consequence I guess, but why are you posting in bold blue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, SPACE.
P.S. Not of utmost importance, and of little consequence I guess, but why are you posting in bold blue?

Thank you for the welcome!

My text is actually not bold, but I do see your point.
I post in blue because it fits the theme of Windows 7. If you want me to stop, just say so; it is no problem.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Open apology to Space, after a brief (friendly) exchange on PMs. There was no deliberate intent, in capitalising his name or ulterior motive involved. Just my usual bad typing practices. I'm hoping to get a new keyboard for Xmas - that might improve things but I doubt it.

Reaction score
Open apology to Space, after a brief (friendly) exchange on PMs. There was no deliberate intent, in capitalising his name or ulterior motive involved. Just my usual bad typing practices. I'm hoping to get a new keyboard for Xmas - that might improve things but I doubt it.
Thank you for that post. Your apology almost seemed too powerful for what you had done, and I feel kind of bad that I brought up that miniscule mistake that you had made. It was very nice that you publicly said sorry, and I express friendly thanks.

Yeah, I also have trouble with typing--I am rather slow at it. Indeed, new keyboards can introduce a new typing feel and therefore aid on one's typing. I do hope that you wish is fulfilled.

Have a merry Xmas, davehc, and the rest of our nice community! :santaclaus:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Space.

I wanted to point out that all the links in your signature are superfluous. They are already easily available on the screen with one or two mouse clicks. Forum Home & User CP are available at the top of the page and your Profile as well as your webpage are available if they left-click on your Userid.
Space.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Space.

I wanted to point out that all the links in your signature are superfluous. They are already easily available on the screen with one or two mouse clicks. Forum Home & User CP are available at the top of the page and your Profile as well as your webpage are available if they left-click on your Userid.
View attachment 3836
Yeah, you are 100% correct, but my signature just provides a slightly easier way to navigate. Even if my signature saves a mere half second for everyone, I still like it. I am just trying to help in any way possible. ;)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It says you live in London, so does that mean you aren't British by birth, that you just live there now?

Reaction score
It says you live in London, so does that mean you aren't British by birth, that you just live there now?
Actually, I was born in London, but now live in Nevada. I just like London so I figured that everyone should know that I am British. I am sorry if I confused anyone.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Quite a difference in the weather then.

You must have been here a while, you don't "type" British :) . We have several Brits here, including our glorious leader, and I often see little British English differences like "colour", etc. Kind of like Jane Seymour has lost so much of her accent from her James Bond days (Live and Let Die 1973).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quite a difference in the weather then.

You must have been here a while, you don't "type" British :) . We have several Brits here, including our glorious leader, and I often see little British English differences like "colour", etc. Kind of like Jane Seymour has lost so much of her accent from her James Bond days (Live and Let Die 1973).
Well, I had to quickly teach myself how to write in "United States" English, as there are some differences. I just do not want to sound stupid in-front of a businessman or woman.

And yes, indeed, Ian is glorious, as well as the other staff and our great community :).

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
" I was born in London, but now live in Nevada"
Frankly, I don't see it as a big deal. The only issue, is that the "Location", in your settings, is misrepresented. Your location is undoubtably Nevada.
Mine, if you look at my post, is also uneccessary. In my case, Denmark being, most definitely, a non english speaking country, I just wanted to make the point that I was, indeed, English.
In fact, as everyone, for good or bad (lol) now knows me, the entry no longer has a purpose.

Reaction score
" I was born in London, but now live in Nevada"
Frankly, I don't see it as a big deal. The only issue, is that the "Location", in your settings, is misrepresented. Your location is undoubtably Nevada.
Mine, if you look at my post, is also uneccessary. In my case, Denmark being, most definitely, a non english speaking country, I just wanted to make the point that I was, indeed, English.
In fact, as everyone, for good or bad (lol) now knows me, the entry no longer has a purpose.
You are right. I suppose that I am too attached to my home country.
:tee:

I am sorry for the confusion.

Ask a Question