SOLVED Grab this one.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!

Am I wrong or aren't these only good for free on the day of the give away?

If one installs them again on another system, say after an upgrade or re-install of the operating system, will it work then?

Just curious, cause on a couple of them I installed, when later on I tried to reinstall them, they didn't work.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!

Am I wrong or aren't these only good for free on the day of the give away?

If one installs them again on another system, say after an upgrade or re-install of the operating system, will it work then?

Just curious, cause on a couple of them I installed, when later on I tried to reinstall them, they didn't work.
Yes you have it right. It will only install on the day of the giveaway.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well, then for me it's not worth the trouble.

A famous Southern expression goes: "Worthless as teats on a boar hog!" LOL!

I do appreciate the heads up though davehc and roban!

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It runs if you restore an image (Acronis, for example) Not sure about Windows 7 restore though.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you install it on every machine you own then it's there when you need it. It also mentions "Linux Bootable CD" so if I can pop it on a CD well that seems pretty portable and useful so I'll give it a go and see.

I sure know from experience the limitations of the built-in W7 utility. If it's not immediately to the right then you can't merge it, you can't slide them around, etc. Having come from Partition Magic (not Vista/7 compatible) it was definitely a step backwards.

Thanks Dave.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I've been using this utility for over two years.

Nibs, the limitations you describe are unfounded here because this is a partitioning program. It is not a back-up utility.

Much of the partitioning can be done without rebooting and always safely. If you want to re-size the OS partition then it will reboot automatically and perform those functions. It is very careful with data.

As davehc points out, if you have an image of your OS, there is no problem.

GAOTD offers this program for one day every time a new version comes out. About every 6-8 months. And not the older version either. The current version. I've stated it before, I'm impressed with all the Easeus programs that I've tried.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you are referring to this, from Nibiru
"If one installs them again on another system, say after an upgrade or re-install of the operating system, will it work then?
Just curious, cause on a couple of them I installed, when later on I tried to reinstall them, they didn't work. "

-then his assumption is correct, in many of the offers. - Not quite clear on the reference to it being a partitioning program, in relation to Nibiru's worry?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yoda, I think Nibs concern is that he often does complete system reinstalls and when he goes to reinstall this product at that time it won't work because it can ONLY be installed today; not how it works as a back-up program.

Personally I'll take it now and worry if that point ever happens because for now I know it is better than the Windows built-in partition manager.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It will only install on the day of the giveaway.
I think that would suck. I have no problem being able to download it free for one day only. And I have no problem being able to install it on one machine only for free. But once I have the downloaded installation file, I should be able to install it whenever I want - whether that be today, or next week.

I think a simple test is in order. For the next "Free for a day offer" you are interested in, download the installation file and save it for a couple days, then try to install it. If it works, fine, if not, unsubscribe.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Fon't waste your time. I can tell you now - it won't install!
One other problem with a lot of the "free" offers from the site, is that, after you have completed all the formalities and finally downlaoded and installed whatever program is on offer, you can often find that it is a period limited offer (Available to all anyway!)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Not quite clear on the reference to it being a partitioning program, in relation to Nibiru's worry?
Partitioning program vs a back-up program that utilizes differential or incremental back-ups. It was my mistaken assumption that this was his concern.
This program won't be used on a day to day basis. (I presume). Clifford and Niburu's concerns are directed more towards the site than the software and they are legitimate gripes.

FYI davehc, I installed it on 3 machines without any problems. All 32bit OS.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
One other problem with a lot of the "free" offers from the site, is that, after you have completed all the formalities and finally downlaoded and installed whatever program is on offer, you can often find that it is a period limited offer
Or worse yet, it has foisted a bunch of stuff on your system you don't want or need, and in extreme cases, spyware - however, I don't think spyware would be an issue here since the site is endorsed by Google.

Do note that these sites are not necessarily giving away stuff to be nice - by signing up, you are putting your email address on their lists.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Or worse yet, it has foisted a bunch of stuff on your system you don't want or need, and in extreme cases, spyware - however, I don't think spyware would be an issue here since the site is endorsed by Google.

Do note that these sites are not necessarily giving away stuff to be nice - by signing up, you are putting your email address on their lists.
A way to get around that, is to have a yahoo or hotmail (or whatever) email address for junk like that. Call it a dummy email address.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I guess I've had pretty good luck then because the site is supposed to be the actual full version of the product. If it has extra stuff then it should be because the actual program install has extra stuff. All that site-of-the-day does is wrap the installer with a program that accesses their site and verifies it is actually being installed on the day it is offered; if Digerati tries to install it 48 hours later it will fail with a message that the offer has expired and to check out their current offers. (Yoda I believe Dave was telling Digerati the install would fail in THIS days later situation, and I agree and confirm this to be the case)

I have also never given them my email address, I haven't and won't join their mailing list but I do check their site on occasion but I appreciatete Dave notifying me because I would have missed it.

BTW, I had no problems (yesterday when it was offered) installing this on my W7 64bit, although it installs in PFx86 because it is 32bit software. I also have another piece of software that has yet to expire, because they are NOT to expire, they are the full version and I have one piece of software that I had on XP but could not reinstall when I upgraded to W7 because it was no longer the item of the day (which makes sense but now I mark the files GAOTD).

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Basically I have always done my own partitioning when doing an install or through the Disk Management feature of the Control Panel.

I do on occasion use the boot CD version of Partition Wizard, which is free for home or personal use.

I have been using Acronis True Image Home 2010 for my system backups. There is only one program that has issues when a restore is done through Acronis. That is: DVDneXt COPY 4.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"Yoda I believe Dave was telling Digerati the install would fail in THIS days later situation, and I agree and confirm this to be the case"
Thank you!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Kalario said:
A way to get around that, is to have a yahoo or hotmail (or whatever) email address for junk like that. Call it a dummy email address.
That does not really work very well. Sure, it may not result in your primary email address getting cluttered up with junk, but because these sites require you to enter a valid address where they send a link you must click to activate the account, it simply becomes another email account you have to watch. There are free alternatives for temporary email addresses, but if you ever want to modify the original account, you may have difficulty if the temp email account has expired.

Ask a Question