Getting BSOD ><

Reaction score
It seems my problems haven't been solved. My pc crashed again today..well, it 'sort of' crashed. My sound started to lag and my game just like always but then instead of the blue screen and crash, it threw me out of the game and the shutting down screen appeared and then my pc just turned off :confused: what's going on? could this be the processors fault? and maybe all this time the processor was the culprit? I don't know..

Reaction score
No, not a cpu problem at all.

It could be excessive heat or something. If you have any further bsods, you're welcome to post the crash dumps to look at.

Reaction score
yeah but if there's excessive heat my pc would shut down all the time..but that isn't happening.

Reaction score
If you are no longer having bsods, then we've successfully fixed your pc.

The issue you're having now is either from overheating in the game or from a fault in the game itself.

If it's a fault in the game itself, all I can say is to patch the game to latest then hope for the best.

If it is heat, I can suggest using RivaTuner to set the fan speed to max while playing.

Other than that, if you are not having issues in other games or while using the pc for other things, and as I've said if no bsods are happening, then your pc as a whole is now in fine condition and we've done excellent.

Reaction score
I'm not playing only one game, it really doesn't matter which one I play. After I boot my pc up for the first time this always happens, except the day before it didn't. After the reset I can play for extended periods of time and the crash never occurs again. But I guess that if I wont get any BSODs it's out of topic right?

Reaction score
Being out of topic is not a concern at all. You're welcome to post any and everything here.

If it is not causing bsods, then Windows itself is not crashing. My point here is that we have fixed this aspect of things. Stopping a pc from having bsods is a huge progress.

Please let us know if any of these games messing up happen when the video card fan is set to max. If it never happens like this, then you can be sure of the previous cause.

Too weak of a PSU could also be your issue. Do you know which you have or its watts rating?

Reaction score
100% without doubt, you have either a memory misconfiguration in the bios with respect to timings/voltage/frequency or your RAM is defective.

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri Sep 03 01:58:32 2010

Code:
BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff88002f64180, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
The only way in the entire world that this brand new Realtek lan driver can cause a crash is in the above RAM scenario I just told you about.

Suggest to tweak your bios to your exact RAM specifications, manually. Use CPU-Z to find the exact model number of RAM, then visit manufacturer's site for exact settings.

If still no good, replace the RAM and set default automatic settings in bios.

Reaction score
Oh great more of BIOS tweaking, I'm really no fan of that. Um there might be something.. I had one 2gb ddr3 RAM installed before I upgraded my pc..and then I got the additional 4gb. It's the same model and manufacturer, however when I looked at the serial numbers the two new modules had the same serial numbers but the old one had a different one. I did call the shop and the guy said that should represent no problems because the latency and all that is supposed to be the same. I bought all the RAM modules from that shop. Does it have to do something with that?

Reaction score
Does it have to do something with that?
Yes it does. There will be bios tweaking needed to get it all to work together, if it all.

Suggest to remove the 2GB and leave only 4GB in.

There will be absolutely zero difference in your computer's performance speed-wise, and the bsods should stop.

Reaction score
Ok I'll remove the old 2gb in the morning and i'll see what happens. If RAM is causing these problems..could I just tweak the BIOS so that it would work without BSODs and I wouldn't need to replace the old modules?

Reaction score
I finally had time to put the old 2gb out and it worked with no problems. This is just the first day tho..i'll keep testing to see if there's any change.

Reaction score
I got another BSOD today even with the old ram out, but there's no crash dump file this time!

Ask a Question