SOLVED Get five Ashampoo software downloads for free

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From CNET 9-16-2010

Remember that legendary "Oprah" episode? "You get a car! And you get a car! And you get a car!"
This may not be quite as sexy, but here goes: You get five free programs from Ashampoo! And you get five free programs from Ashampoo! And you get...well, the point, right?

Software developer Ashampoo ("We Make Software!"--seriously, that's their slogan) is giving away full versions of five PC programs.

Just enter coupon code ASH-444LW1, then start download whichever program(s) you want. No strings attached.

Your choices are:

• Burning Studio 2010 Advanced (for CD, DVD, and Blu-ray burning projects)
  • Home Designer (a 3D home-planning tool)
  • Photo Commander 7 (for sharing, organizing, and managing photos and videos)
  • Snap 3 (a screen- and video-capture utility)
  • WinOptimizer 6 (a Windows tuning, maintenance, and optimization utility)
So why is Ashampoo giving away software with a combined value of about $160? Most likely to build brand awareness. However, the last three products on the list are not the latest versions (i.e. there's a Photo Commander 8, a Snap 4, etc.), so there's obviously a bit of upgrade-baiting behind this.

I have no problem with that. In fact, I'd like to see more software companies give away earlier, discontinued versions of their products. Otherwise it's just wasted code, right? (I'm looking at you, Microsoft. You'd earn an awful lot of goodwill by giving away, say, Office 2003.)

I'm not sure when this promotion will end, so if you want to stock up on some or all of these freebies, get 'em while you can.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20016650-58.html?tag=nl.e796#ixzz0zn6TjbNG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can personally vouch for Burning Studio 2010 and Photo Commander, both very good programs and easy to use.

Home Designer is way cool also! Just don't let the wife use it or you'll be building a new home soon or remodeling! LOL!

It's nice to get something free for a change, isn't it?

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
LOL!

I just read the same e-mail and came here to post it.

You beat me to it dagnabbit! :)

I may take a look at Snap 3.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Home Designer to the rescue!!!

S.W.M.B.O has three tins of paint and a couple of packs of brushes.

Now, I'm far too busy on this here machine planning where to put the paint as opposed to putting the paint.

There is a God!!

(One weekend recovered from the Devil D.I.Y Monster)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That is an excellent and strong delay tactic. And free too! :)

Reaction score
I downloaded them all and all installed ok and upgraded to full versions with key supplied. I tried the home designer program but found it a bit complicated but then maybe i'm just a bit slow, plus never used a designer program before.

Screen capture program seems to be good, had a play with that. How safe is the optimser software? I've not been game to try the cleaner yet.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I usually stay away from optimizer software. They usually do things I don't want done and such. I prefer to tweak certain things the I want them to be.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There was another software offered, I installed it. I'm not on that OS at the moment, so I forgot the name of it. But it was a software to optimize your internet connection only. You select which type of connection that you have, and it'll automatically do the rest. The key is in selecting the right option.

I have installed it, but not yet used it. Is this type of software safe to use, and will it screw up my home wireless internet?

PS: I'm now on the OS, the program is "Ashampoo Internet Accelerator 2". It wasn't listed with the others, but was offered to me in a email while activating the other two, the burning studio and the photo commander.

Cat

Last edited:

Ask a Question