Freeware Suggestion Thread

Reaction score
Truecrypt is on the Freeware list already (see Data Encryption section). Axcrypt I'm not familiar with but a few sites seem to rate it fairly well; have you used it yourself?
Yes I have used it and currently have it installed. It's a great program. It syncs with Explorer and has it's own menu in the Context Menu. If you right click on a file then hover on Axcrypt in the menu you will see you can: Encrypt, Encrypt a copy, Encrypt to EXE and some other stuff. But those 3 are the important ones. It doesn't use container storage like truecrypt meaning it's easier to use.

Once something is encrypted you just double click on it and it will ask for the password. Give the password and it opens the file. No need to do all those other steps like in Truecrypt.

Reaction score
Hello,

wipe_free_space_jc

Freeware.

Wiping free space on a disk, by writing random data.

Useful for example when you give a USB disk, in order to prevent old erased files becoming available with tools like undelete or unformat.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ctjean, CCleaner has a Drive Wiper option on the Tools page, plus it does so much more
CCleaner-DriveWiper.jpg

You should really give it a try.

Reaction score
ClipLog/ClipFind Update:

Greetings,
I have added a ClipFind program to the ClipLog program, as follows:

Program name: ClipLog and ClipFind
Author: Vernon vmars316 , Developed on Windows7
Docs are here:
http://www.quickerthanaspark.com/ClipLog/ClipLogDocs.html
Download here:
http://www.quickerthanaspark.com/ClipLog/ClipLog_zip.zip

CLipLog is a simple windows program
that watches the Windows ClipBoard for any text COPY command.
Any 'COPY text' action will trigger ClipLog,
to LOG the 'CopiedText' into a disk file (yyyymmdd.txt).
ClipLog also time_stamps each 'CopiedText' entry.
It ceates a new 'yyyymmdd.txt' file for each day.

ClipLog is portable freeware, no changes are made
to your computer. Simply create a new Folder,
perhaps named "C:\CLipLog". And copy the ClipLog.zip
file into it. UnZip the file.
Now there should be 5 files in the CLipLog Folder,
ClipLog_zip.zip, ClipLog.exe, ClipLog.bas, ClipLog.ico, ClipFind.
Newly created Log files will also reside in this same Folder.

ClipLog has four buttons,
1) [Send ClipLogWindow to TaskTray] makes ClipLog
run invisible, except for a visible Icon in the TaskTray.
You can make ClipLog visible again, by doubleClicking
on its TaskTray Icon.

2) [Find ] startup the ClipLog’s Search Program, Clipfind.

3) [Help] Dislpays ClipLog/ClipFind Help DOCs in Browser.

4) [Exit Program] .

You might want to created a CLipLog.lnk (shortcut).
And put it into your StartUp Folder. Perhaps here:
"C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup".
Then ClipLog will be started automatically, at each system startup.

ClipFind is a search program for your ClipLog yyyymmdd.txt files.
Finds text in all files in current or selected directory.
The default search directory is also where ClipFind.exe is located.

Every word in a ClipFind Result window is a link! Activate the link
(a) by clicking the beginning of the word or
(b) pressing F1 or
(c) Enter with the cursor at the word beginning.

(1) There is no limit on what you can search for.
(2) Every search is exhaustive producing a hit list of search results.
(3) Everything in THIS 'ClipFind Result display page' is a link to other
file content. No need to mark links, since every word is a link!

==Search starts with "Enter" key in search text box or with "Find It" button.
==Keyboard arrows navigate search results; "Space" selects item and "Enter" displays item.
==Result items can be selected with key or mouse doubleclick and displayed.
Your browser is launched to display .html result files.
=="Escape" exits result display and exits program.
=="Tab" switches focus between search text box and search results list.

Search text examples:
" mod " finds fewer hits than "mod".
" hex" finds fewer hits than "hex".

Using ClipLog/Find as PIM :

Its easy to find URLs, by searching for “http or www”.
For other things, like Quotes, I imbed the word “quote” in the COPY command,
or make a separate, immediate COPY with just the word “quote”.
I use the same method for other types of info, such as “phone”,
“paid”, “appt" for appointment”, “wishlist”, “todo”, "chapter".
As you can probably see, This way ClipLog/ClipFind is also a Personal information manager (PIM).

Thanks...Vernon

Attachments

Reaction score
Laptop Battery % tool

Laptop Battery Meter

Hello. I had an issue with my lap top whereby there was no status in the toolbar: I could not know what percentage was remaining and after googling this for 3 days , i got no further. There was nothing in the power options that would allow me to apply anything to the tool bar to monitor my battery life.

I found a great deal of posts here regarding this issue and none seem to have known how to solve this the right way and some wanted to know, not only their battery life, but the time remaining.

I found this and have tested it fully. http://osirisdevelopment.com/BatteryBar/download.html

It is free and it will account details over a number of days so it will know your battery personally and read quite accurately the status direct from your tool bar.

This post can thus be linked into any other posts relating to the question on this matter.

Thank's..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Hi all,

Converseen is an open source image converter and resizer. It supports more than 100 image formats like DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PhotoCD, PNG, Postscript, SVG, TIFF and many others.

Converseen allows you to convert, resize, rotate and flip automatically an unlimited number of images.
With Converseen you can save your time because it can process more than one image with one mouse click!

This software is available for Windows and Linux platforms. I hope you will find this software useful. :D

You can download Converseen for free here.

Reaction score
Burning software BurnAware free download

BurnAware Free is a full-fledged disc burning tool – fast, lightweight, feature-packed and, most importantly, 100% free. The program burns all types of CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs containing data, digital photos, music and video. With BurnAware Free, you will be able to create bootable or multisession CDs and DVDs, high-quality audio CDs, make and burn disc images, copy and backup discs.

Features

• Burn Data, Bootable and Multisession discs
  • Burn Audio, Video and MP3 discs
  • Create and burn ISO/CUE/BIN images
  • Copy discs to discs or to ISO images
  • Erase rewritable discs
  • Extract tracks from Audio CDs
  • Extract data from unreadable or multisession discs
Supports

• All media types (CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc) including Double Layer
  • All current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA) including AHCI
  • UDF/ISO9660/Joliet file systems (any combination)
  • On-the-fly writing (no staging to hard drive first)
  • Verification of written files
  • Multisession DVD-RW/DVD+RW
  • Unicode CD-Text (tracks and disc)
  • Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 (32 and 64 Bit), .Net framework is NOT required
Download Link:
BurnAware

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ayeshakhan, I moved your post here. This is our Freeware suggestion thread.

Personally I use IMG Burn but if we get more users who also recommend your Disc burning software then I would be happy to add it to our Freeware DB.

Reaction score
ayeshakhan, I moved your post here. This is our Freeware suggestion thread.

Personally I use IMG Burn but if we get more users who also recommend your Disc burning software then I would be happy to add it to our Freeware DB.
Thanks for replying and generly im new on w7forums thats why i dont know ware to post the my threads so when i complete study w7froums then hope i will post my threads in the correct place.

Thanks again

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes I noticed you are new, welcome to W7forums.

And it is perfectly understandable you didn't know of this thread. But now that you do maybe you might like to look over other users suggestions and the Freeware DB to get more ideas for your computer.

I honestly didn't notice where you posted but you probably had it in Software, which was fine, but as soon as I saw it was Freeware I just thought this would be the perfect spot.

Thank you for sharing your freeware suggestion with the rest of us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes I noticed you are new, welcome to W7forums.

And it is perfectly understandable you didn't know of this thread. But now that you do maybe you might like to look over other users suggestions and the Freeware DB to get more ideas for your computer.

I honestly didn't notice where you posted but you probably had it in Software, which was fine, but as soon as I saw it was Freeware I just thought this would be the perfect spot.

Thank you for sharing your freeware suggestion with the rest of us.
if you allow me for posting (Freeware, shareware, opensource, games) links so i have more usefull links for posting but im scared from banned by admin that why im not posting it yet.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Posts on Freeware & open source (which is also Free) are allowed.

There is a Gaming Section but it is primarily for questions or problems as they relate to using them in Windows 7. We are not a gaming site so we don't really encourage thread after thread on lists of games. And Warez & cracks are NEVER permitted because it is illegal. If you have a list of free or open source games (not free because they are hacked/cracked but actually free because the author offers them that way) then you could probably create a single thread and list them all in it and that would be fine.

Generally the listing of all paid software is discouraged (because it can easily be considered spamming) unless it is a possible solution to a users question and no freeware is available to do what they need.

Reaction score
ok thanks if i found any great and use full freeware software so i must share it hare

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum but was curious on where I can suggest my new PC software for file, folder, and program protection? I noticed this is for free software section but was also curious if these are all free or with trial versions? I'm not a spammer, just curious on where I can do a little marketing. Thanks in advance for any insight.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We only allow free stuff, not trialware. Although some of the items in this list offer more advanced versions for sale, the free version must be of value and is what we are encouraging.

In answer to a question we will, on very rare occasions, mention paid software if there isn't really free software available to do what is needed. Even that is the rare exception and is not a good idea for new members as it can often be perceived as SPAM and get them banned.

You would need to message the administrator IAN to inquire about paid advertising if you are interested in something like that, as I do not know anything about that availability or pricing.

Reaction score
Thank you. I have a 7 day trial free period on mine but just wanted to check as I am a new member and just wanted to clarify. Much appreciated.

Ask a Question