FF 8.01

Reaction score
Not an issue per se but somehow FF slipped in and updated itself.. for ages it kept asking me if I wanted to go to the 'new and improved' latest version and I kept ignoring it preffering to stay with the version I had.

Then one day after loading the borwser I got this pop up saying your FF update and has been completed and advising me that some of my add-on will no longer work and have been disabled.

Otherwise it's all good, nothing lost and it's stable. Just wondering how it finally managed to upgrade itself.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can only surmise that you either turned on auto updates or if you had it set to ask you that at some point you accidentally hit allow instead of no. I do know mine has never updated itself and does not even check if an update is available because that is how I have it in my settings.

Reaction score
Most of the Plugins that i mostly Use For Analytics Purpose don't work on new 8.01 . How much to wait to work ?

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Most of the Plugins that i mostly Use For Analytics Purpose don't work on new 8.01 . How much to wait to work ?
If you locate the install.rdf file for each of your non-working Add-ons and change the maxVersion entry to say, 11.* and then save, that will keep you going for a while. Depends how desperate you are to use them.

EXAMPLE
Was: <em:minVersion>1.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion>

Now: <em:minVersion>1.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>11.*</em:maxVersion>