External Hard Drive 320gb portable

Reaction score
I think I like the Western Digital, 2nd choice Toshiba, 3rd choice Iomega...just got to shop around when next in England....not buying one in Spain they cost an arm and a leg

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The WD Passport is an excellent choice for a portable drive, and it comes with a case, I have a 160GB one. But at the time of purchase, all that I had was a laptop. So I bought a Seagate Free Agent (500GB) backup drive that has a separate power supply. They do make similar drives with as much or as little capacity as you want. Originally, I was going to purchase a 320GB backup drive, but fellow members suggested that I get a 500GB, the extra cost was around $10, but the extra space is worth a lot more than that. WD is among the best of drives, whether internal or external, or backup drives. They have a wide variety to meet most any need.

Reaction score
Yes I think the WD is my first choice....many thanks for your input....much appreciated.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I erase my old backup when I make a new one (thats all of C - the OS and Programs D backup space stays about the same.
Some people don't ;) Just saying...

Very good choice suenay! I have a WD Passport, and it's great!

By, the way, you could just order the drive from the uk, on amazon or something like that.

Reaction score
Sadly Amazon won't mail hardware to Spain......but I am never one to turn down the chance of a shopping trip.
Sue
x

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Spain, but are there retail sellers of computer accessories there? In most countries, there are, but I know nothing about where you live. Going to the UK or the US for a hard drive is going out of the way, unless you're planning a vacation.

Reaction score
I live in Spain permanantly but I also have a little house in the UK which I use for visiting my relatives and friends. I plan on buying a hard drive on my next visit. I go every other month.
Sue

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well... looks like we have another satisfied customer folks!

Sue - please fill out the Customer Satisfaction Survey you'll receive shortly and let us know how we did.

Again, we thank you for shopping at the W7Forums website! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
You sound like the guy at my old UK supermarket who always says "Thank you for shopping at ASDA".....
and like Arnie....I will be back...however I can't guarantee that my computing problems will only ever be Windows 7 related...is that a problem for you guys?
Sue
X

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Well... looks like we have another satisfied customer folks!

Sue - please fill out the Customer Satisfaction Survey you'll receive shortly and let us know how we did.

Again, we thank you for shopping at the W7Forums website! :rolleyes:

+ 1
:D Very good customer service here!

Reaction score
however I can't guarantee that my computing problems will only ever be Windows 7 related...is that a problem for you guys?
I think we can broaden our horizons. :D

It wouldn't hurt to ask any question. I'm sure if anyone knows the answer, you will get a response. The Off-Topic section is just that, anything that is not related to Windows 7.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You sound like the guy at my old UK supermarket who always says "Thank you for shopping at ASDA".....
and like Arnie....I will be back...however I can't guarantee that my computing problems will only ever be Windows 7 related...is that a problem for you guys?
Sue
X
Sue - Lady computer users are ALWAYS welcome here!

Now about that wine and tapas in the late evening... :D

Reaction score
8:30 in the evening and still 36 degrees Celsius.Too hot to eat or drink!!!!!
Water in the pool 28 degrees so no comfort there...it is tough but somebody has to do it!!!!!!!!
S x

Reaction score
A youthfull red and a plate of paeola (pae'ola) but like you said too hot just now. ;-)

Reaction score
You may be interested to know that the purists say that paella must always be prepared by men and it should be made over a wood fire.....

Reaction score
I can make a mean Risotto. Now just need the whitewashed stone buildings, the 'med' etc, etc. lol

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Oh yes, using a paellera (paella pan) the traditional large flat pan with two handles and of course bomba rice! :eating:

Cooked where the rice on the bottom has a nice crunchy texture to it.

Don't forget the world's most expensive spice - Saffron!

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless somebody is cooking over a nice hot computer heatsink. I think this thread has been hijacked!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Sue
X
suenay, come back anytime you want, you're always welcome here!:)

Ask a Question