extend hdd partition

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, see, always share the whole picture, now I know you're in unfamiliar territory for me. I have heard that W7 has to be installed first but maybe Catillily or another member might be able to shed some light on this.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
my pc has multiboot on it with xp/linux mint/kubuntu/win 7 they all boot ok ,if i could just get this new 1TB to boot in the index i will be happy , incidentaly there are 2 versions of win 7 now because i installed thinking i had lost the main one ,,how can i add the new 1TB in the multi boot screen?
I am not saying this to be mean-spirited or aloof. Sir, you have way too many operating systems on your hard drives.

I would recommend put the Linux-based OS on one hard drive and your Windows-based OS on another hard drive. That's if you still want to run, test, use or piddle around with all these different OS.

Either that or decide which operating systems you really want to use and run. I would choose one of each type OS; one Windows, one Linux.

Reaction score
I am not saying this to be mean-spirited or aloof. Sir, you have way too many operating systems on your hard drives.

I would recommend put the Linux-based OS on one hard drive and your Windows-based OS on another hard drive. That's if you still want to run, test, use or piddle around with all these different OS.

Either that or decide which operating systems you really want to use and run. I would choose one of each type OS; one Windows, one Linux.
they are on different hard dives

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's the way mine are setup, my main drive (1TB Samsung) for both versions of Windows, my second (1TB Caviar Black) has a 600GB Backup partition (for Windows), the rest goes to Linux.

Do you have a backup of your main drive, and a bootable CD from which to access your backup? If so, and your boot disc was burned OK, I don't see the problem. With a working backup, you can reverse most any changes to your system.

I'd like to see you recover, but you need a working bootable CD to access your backup with. Without that, there are options, but they become complicated.

Cat

Ask a Question