Drivers for HP Photo Smart 2575

Reaction score
I got the Vista 64-bit drivers for my printer, but when it ask whether I wanted to connect via USB or network, and I clicked network, it just kept re-opening. It presume it is having difficulties connecting to the printer. Any good drivers you can recommend that might work? I am running 7 in 64-bit.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it the HP driver setup software asking you if you connect via USB/Network, or is it the Windows printer setup?

I normally prefer to install printers by extracting the driver files from the archive and letting Windows 7 sort it all for me.

Reaction score
It is the HP driver set-up wizard.
How to I get Win7 do it? If I use the Win7 "Add Printer" wizard, it finds my printer, but on the list it doesn't show my printer model, only the 2600 & 2700 series. I don't have the disk. So how do I "extract the files from the archive"?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can probably use WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com) - try installing that and then right click the main printer setup exe file and see if there is an option to extract the archive. You can then point Windows to the correct driver once it has found your printer.

Reaction score
When I archive it, all I get is the .exe file. Windows an find my computer easily, but the driver doesn't show up. I'm going to try with a similar driver and see if it works.

EDIT: Oh, wait, got it! Windows update as picked up the 2570 series driver, that's the one. Thanks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem! Glad that's working for you.

Ask a Question