• Take it or leave it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never had it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Love it! That stuff is great! Especially when its still warm!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes, with some melted "mutz"

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Now I guess I'll have to make my homemade meat sauce for rigatoni!

Lots of Parmesan, plenty of warm garlic bread.

Thanks for the recipe link Veedaz!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I used to live in an apartment where the lady across from me always opened her doors when she cooked. In the morning, many times, she would fix bacon & egg sandwiches on that Texas Toast brand of garlic bread. I do like garlic bread, but with pasta, it's good.

But at 6:30AM, with breakfast, no, I wouldn't want to run my co-workers away from me. If you don't want anything to do with others, it does a perfect job.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you know that you can eat so much garlic that your body actually oozes it out in your sweat - your whole body smells of garlic, not just your breath. Now that's a sure sign of good spaghetti (or poor hygiene ?). :eek:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Did you know that you can eat so much garlic that your body actually oozes it out in your sweat - your whole body smells of garlic, not just your breath. Now that's a sure sign of good spaghetti (or poor hygiene ?). :eek:
That's true, the same with any member of the onion family.

Onions and garlic are very good for keeping the blood thinned out and garlic has natural antibiotic properties.

You can rub garlic on wound it will help heal the wound faster. However, it may affect the social life a little! :D

Koreans eat Kim Chi a fermented cabbage, garlic and vegetable product. It is very healthy for you, it's just the fermentation process may make the house smell like a football locker room! :eek:

They eat lots of garlic too. The Japanese refer to them as "Garlic Heads" !

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I eat Kim Chi, not sure how authentic it is because I get it at the Chinese restaurants but I like it - spicy, can't say I noticed the garlic.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I eat Kim Chi, not sure how authentic it is because I get it at the Chinese restaurants but I like it - spicy, can't say I noticed the garlic.
It's in there, believe me.

TM - you can make it yourself, it's very easy and only takes about 5-7 days if you like it sour as I do, or you can just let it ferment for 2-3 day. It's LOADED with B vitamins and anti-oxidants. The fermentation process makes the end product healthier that what is initially started out with.

Since you're in PA, you probably have a basement which is cooler and there you can ferment it. Just don't use iodized salt, use pickling salt or real sea salt with no anti-caking ingredient added.

Here's an easy recipe:
Traditional Kim Chi Recipe

This link has pictures:
How to Make Kim Chi - with photos

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I worked with this dude from Vietnam, when he caught a cold, he got one of those cheap pints of wine, like the drunks drink. He mixes in 4 tablespoons of that pure minced garlic powder in with it, stirs it, and kills it. He told me not to think about it while "killing it". Well, when you get around him, you can't help but to think of it, because he reeks of garlic all day. The more he sweated, the more I felt like puking, it was that bad.

Funny, he is in his late 60's, and could work circles around everyone else. He credits it to garlic.