Customer service

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
As you know, I am an old (in both meanings!) member of this forum.
I pop in from time to time, but stay out of contributing. Bit busy in other directions.
I just wanted to congratulate Trainable man on his dedication. I see he has all the corners covered. Great job, Trainable.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more - Trainable Man, you're doing a great job :beer:.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Thank you.

I am pretty good with a search engine and many times I am just posting info I can gather from that rather than first-hand experience (when that is the case I try to make that clear in my answer). I try to answer when I see the posts just so the visitor knows somebody read their issue but still sometimes I worry you guys don't post simply because I answered first. It is always good to hear first-hand experience, a second opinion, and alternative ideas so please never think that way.

Reactions: Ian

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I would not say you are alone in your method of applying help. I have a huge Dbase, on my hard disk, of answers, small and large, to problems pertaining to Windows OSs. Whether it is via google, or direct from my HD, it still involves having a look for (searching) and applying the already constructed answer.
I would say that, over the last three generations of Windows OSs, most practical questions have been asked and answered. Very occasionally, I have to come up with a suggestion from my own experience. It is nothing to apologise for, that the same answers are constantly repeated in order to help newbies.
P.S. In my own speciality, Windows 8, I would say that already, the questions are covered, particularly in relation to the legacy desktop side, which is, after all, 95% Windows 7.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
A lot of the time the help I give is based on what I find on Google, and usually the answer isn't even that hard to find, which makes me doubt myself when I provide the assistance, because surely if the answer was so easy to Google, the person would have found it already. Yet that does not appear to be the case.

Trainable is doing a bang-up job. Sometimes I don't even read the question, because I see TM has replied to it, and his replies are solid, so I figure "he's got this". And he does! :D

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Great job TM. I've enjoyed reading your stuff for quite a while now.

Ask a Question