Compaq NX6325 ACPI HELP!!!

Reaction score
You got nothing to lose by making a USB install key with Windows on it. Then try to install from that. You can Google how to make this USB key. There's many links.
Saying that haha, i dont have a 4gb USB Stick.

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question... are trying to install from boot-up from the DVD drive?

Setting your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS and then put in the disk and rebooting your computer.
Yes, from the dvd drive.

Reaction score
When XP is installed, it comes up after you try to shut down

"It is now safe to turn off your computer" As the acpi is not "turned on" it doesnt know when it is safe to turn off.

It is which i suspect it is a laptop issue and not a OS issue.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what to say. I had an old AMD XP3200 CPU on a EPOX mobo with no ACPI functions at all and installed Windows 7 with no issues at all.

I know you're frustrated as hell about this issue.

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what to say. I had an old AMD XP3200 CPU on a EPOX mobo with no ACPI functions at all and installed Windows 7 with no issues at all.

I know you're frustrated as hell about this issue.
I know, it is very strange. HP were little to no help over the matter, have installed 7 on a number of PC's without a problem. Seems very strange indeed, thanks for your help though.

Ask a Question