Clean Install

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Last night i completed my wifes Christmas present by installing the OS to the Computer i have built for her (had to do it late at night because the Computer is a surprise)

Spec
Case : Akasa Freedom Xone Case - Black
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready Modular Power Supply
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
CPU : Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156)
RAM : Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
GPU : ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB GDDR5
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Optical Drive : LiteOn IHAS324-32 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

I loaded Windows 7 without the Graphics Card installed, no USB connections and with only 2GB of the 4GB installed, formatted the drive to NTFS, the install went fast and smooth no problems at all. I have done this a few times now (just using on board graphics and low RAM) the clean install is flawless each time and i think my wife will like her present :). I hope this post may help anyone wanting to perform a clean install.

Reaction score
Thats a nice combination Veedaz.
I think she will be very pleased.

I know alot of people would love to have a setup like that. :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford (she is worth it) the hard part was wrapping it in Christmas paper and the Cat helped :lol:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's about clean as a clean install gets! She'll love it. Maybe you'll get your laptop back now.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:lol: maybe i will Catilley, I have clean installed Windows 7 a few times now (and i have one to do for a customer today) and i find its easy, smooth and a lot faster then any XP or Vista install when hardware is at its minimum.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't see why Windows 7 32 bit won't run on my Dell laptop, except the Aero feature. Do I have to have this feature, or can I run it without it. It's a Dell D610 with 2GB RAM, 100GB Drive, CD/DVD , but I think the processor is a single core Pentium. I was going to upgrade it, but you know how laptops are, the video card is intergrated with other parts to save space. The part that I needed to make it run Windows 7 costs $430, and that's a refurb part from Dell. I could (and did) buy a new system for a little more than that. I started to buy the OS to chance it, but backed out.

Ask a Question