Clean Install Windows7!

Reaction score
Presently, have XP-Pro (SP3) installed. In Costa Rica...thus, Op-Sys partly in Spanish! Causing me grief! This OP-Sys has been Repaired/Modified! Local Tech!

Want to perform a Clean Install Windows7! Will purchase in USA shortly. Can the Upgrade be performed successfully? Or, must I go for the Full-Version & pay Mucho-mas!

Also...I become confused when I read about; Perform Clean Install but, Keep Programs etc..What programs do I choose? How do I locate all the installed programs I presently have and wish to keep. How do I Separate the Sys-Files from the Programs?
Have a External Harddrive 500GB that I use for BckUps only.
I need to learn more about Files.Settings etc..

Thanks,
TinCan

Reaction score
Yes you can do a clean install from the Windows 7 upgrade DVD, In fact that is the only way to ypgrade from XP (which is eligible to upgrade).
When you do a clean install, you must reload all your Programs. They will not be kept. Your data will be available in a folder called Windows.old but I would backup anything you can't afford to lose.

You can see what programs are install by going to C:\Programs.

Reaction score
Ran the Windows7 Advisor...All is OK with the exception of Updating Drivers.
Thanks for the info!

TinCan

Ask a Question