Can't delete file - padlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
sevenforums said:
To Restore the Existing User Profile's Default Location
Repeat OPTION ONE, but move the new default User Profile folder (ex: E:\User account to move) and registry entries back to the original C:\Users folder location (ex: C:\Users\User account to move).
I read MOVE.

Reaction score
OK ... when I read it 'Method 2' says repeat option 1
And step #4 of this states ... "4. In Windows Explorer, navigate to theC:\Users\(user-name) folder (ex: C:\Users\User account to move) that you want to move. Right click on it and click on Copy."

In any event have have tried 'move' ... in which case as there is an existing partial profile it asks if you want to merge. Then as you proceed it fails with the Permissions error.
I then tried a workaround ...renamed current profile (correct process followed) ..so there was then no merge issue.
Again same permissions error.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you. Since you are using their information, have you asked them in sevenforums about your current predicament?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I suspect it's something in the registry or the recursive part of APPDATA. You might search the registry for things pointing to E: but even if you find it I don't know what you would do about it.

Maybe see if you can narrow it down by creating the exact same folder tree under C:\Users\userid\... and start by just dragging just the pictures subfolder, then videos, etc. I suspect the error will be when you try to move the appdata folder.

Reaction score
I don't mind losing my profile if I can 'repair' the OS.
The apps would still be there and easy to reimport email, docs, pics, music.

Reaction score
Thank you for the comment but the Q was posted 6 years ago ..... long moved off W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question