SOLVED BSoD seemingly random occurance

Reaction score
Ran a disk check off the windows 7 dvd. heres the log at the end, with the event log write failed "status 50." see attached please.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Well if you want to update the firmware then ok. But remember it can wipe the drive. So back all your data.

I don't like jumping to firmware updates unless it is necessary.
Updating firmware can turn a drive in to a brick.

So please be careful.

Reaction score
Alright so last night I did the firmware update for the crucial m4 drive. first, i took it out of the desktop, put on the usb attachment, and tried to run the crucial firmware update software on it. it could not find it, so i puti it back in the tower and ran the firmware software off the drive itself while it was running windows 7. seems thats how the software is set up to work. i got good and drunk before doing all this, as i was fairly worried about it (ive never updated firmware on a drive, but i have messed up flashing a bios before when i was younger) and then gave it a go. in the irmware update it acutally told me it had an error beofer it finished. i paniced, but the drive went through two more reboots before being running on the windows 7 again. success! i turned off verifier, ran full scans and what not, turned back on the "turn off display" setting, and let it go over night. this morning, i awoke happily to a still running computer! AMEN! i dont want to get ahead of myself, but I am very optomistic that this was the cure! i will be sure to come back again in two weeks if there is no more crashes, but i am really hopeful. thank you Shintaro for all of your help! it is truly appreciated beyond textual explaination. seriosuly, thanks.

Ask a Question