I bought a new assembled PC with the following spec

AMD Phenom II X2 550 [3.1 GHz, 7 MB Cache]
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard
Verico 2x2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 Graphics card
2x1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM[No Raid. IDE]
UMAX 600W Power supply

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS

I have updated all my drivers. I have installed softwares like Driver Genius to test the latest drivers details and made sure that its up to date. But still my OS gives my BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALLER and BAD_POOL_HEADER errors. It dumps the physical memory while giving this problem. This error occurs in random pattern. At times i have no issues at all, i play crysis warhead at times. i experience smooth and high end gaming. Sometimes during application launch[nothing specific] it dumps the physical memory and a BSOD. I think its a driver issue. Can you guys please help me sort this error. Ca you give me some working drivers details. I suspect the driver though. I have not activated Raid.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I can help you once you post as TM has shown.

A word of advice to you and more so, to all users that may eventually come across this thread:

Please do not ever use any driver update utilities. They have the ability to severely cripple the Windows install to where even a determined professional would have trouble repairing without a clean install.

I've seen it right before me on many instances.

Always visit the manufacturer's sites for the latest drivers. After the crash dump is posted, I'll give examples of how, that should be done.

Reaction score
Dump Files

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I am kinda relieved to hear from you all. I have attached the dump files. On trying load these dump files in to my flash drive. for the first time i got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT & IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EUQAL BSODs. I am attaching those dumps too. So there are three dump files.

and torrentg , I never knew the issues with the driver finding utilities, Ok here after i will always test with the manufacturer's site. and please help me sort this BSODs. I am kinda not able to use my PC for a month or so.

Thanks in advance guys. Hope this can be rectified.

Lamboram

Attachments

Reaction score
Update the video card driver from here:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Thu May 27 12:44:23 2010
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

----------

This is the major problem:

Code:
ISODrive ISODrive.sys Fri Nov 02 00:08:26 2007
It is part of UltraIso or similar software. So, uninstall UltraIso and all similar software to remove it.

Then install PowerISO as it will never crash Windows 7. Drive emulation of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

---------

This very ancient driver surpisingly is still included with most versions of Speedfan.

Code:
giveio   giveio.sys   Wed Apr 03 22:33:25 1996
If you don't run into further issues, you can probaly leave it alone. If you do have further issues, uninstall Speedfan in the normal method. Then go to C:\Windows\System32 to delete the above driver.

Reboot.

Reaction score
Thank you so much

Dear TorrentG

Thank you so much man. I owe you alot. I will do the things you have stated. and yes i have been using Ultraiso for a while. I will remove it too. As you suggest, I ll probably remove the speedfan to overcome any doubts. I will post back if i have any further problems. Thanks a lot man. This means a lot to me.

Lamboram
:)

Reaction score
BSOD again.. :(

Hello Folks,

I got this BSOD problem again but under different names,
PEN_LIST_CORRUPT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I hereby upload my dump files, please check it for me guys.. Thanks in advance..
:dontknow:

Lamboram

Attachments

Reaction score
Uninstall all the ASUS utilities that you currently have installed. They are known to be problems and I see their drivers.

Keep us updated and post further crashes if necessary, so I can see that these drivers have in fact been removed by uninstalling the above.

Code:
AsUpIO   AsUpIO.sys   Sun Jul 05 22:21:27 2009
AsIO     AsIO.sys     Mon Aug 03 03:02:32 2009
No guarantees of course, but I have a strong feeling the above is the problem. If not, we might be looking at a hardware issue. I'm doubtful of that at this point though.

You can install the latest motherboard bios for your board from ASUS, as that would be a good thing to do no matter what.

Reaction score
BSOD Again..

Hi TorrentG

I removed the Asus applications and they did solve the issue. I ran a complete Memtest and that resulted in no issues. Like there were no problem in the memtest. I did update the BIOS. But today when i started the system and opened the Google Chrome, It crashed with the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD screen. I hereby upload my dump file. Sorry to bother you often with these mate. But i have no clue of what all these are all about. Thank you so much for helping.

Lamboram

Attachments

Reaction score
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Delete these two drivers:

AsUPIO.sys
AsIO.sys

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

Reaction score
Will do it..

Dear TorrentG

I ll do it. will check it and will post back if i have some error again. Thanks again pal..

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Should be good I'd say after that. No guarantees of course, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question