SOLVED BS0D 2057

Reaction score
I can run some memory tests this afternoon, I will let you know the outcome. Last time it didn't produce any errors though, but I have read that this doesn't mean that the memory is good.:)

Reaction score
The hard disk is brand new, the previous drive failed on me last week, so I have had to rebuilt and do a fresh windows install, but it can't hurt to run the test anyway :)

Reaction score
OK, I've run the seagate tool, both the long and short tests, passed both, no errors, I've run Memtest 4.2, with two modules, switching them in the various slots, all pass no errors, have also run tripple channel, no errors, so I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. It's probably worth mentioning that when memtest auto detected the frequency and CAS timings of the RAM, it displayed them as 10666 CAS timings of 8-8-8-20, however the RAM itself is 12800 DDR3 running at 1600 Mhz with CAS timings of 9-9-9-24 any suggestions would be appriciated. :)

Shintaro

Reaction score
OK, time to run Driver Verifier.

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)

Driver verifier
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Reaction score
Thanks Shintaro:), I've done as suggested, however because it has been on most of the day, it won't play ball & bluescreen, will shutting down overnight & then when the starting up again in the morning produce the desired result if I don't turn off verifier?

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yea, the verifier should be on until you turn it off.
No doubt given the PC's history it will Bluescreen on cold boot.

After it crashes turn off the verifier and post the crash.

Reaction score
Ok, we finally have a blue screen, it took a while, but here it is again, please see attached mini dump file:)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000006
BCP2: FFFFFA8007D0C120
BCP3: 0000000066725045
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061712-28516-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kevin Johnson\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-54444-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Was the crash on cold start? Or something different?

Do you still have connected:
logitech C270 webcam
XBOX 360 Controller for PC
Net Gear N300 Wireless Adapter

Are they directly connected to the computer or are they connected to a USB hub, then connected to the computer?
For example Wireless Adapter -> USB Hub -> Computer

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response Shintaro :) The BSOD was from a cold start, although I had started the machine this morning, it blue screened and mistakenly I used the start up repair, which proceeded to do nothing, as it has been since the rebuild, unless I switch off the machine, then turn it back on, then the start up repair functions correctly, but when it booted Windows, there was no BSOD info. So I turned off the machine & left it for a similar period to overnight, 6 hours +, then started up again & it blue screened. Also to answer your question, yes I have the XBOX 360 Controller, Logitech USB Webcam & Netgear N300 Wireless Adapter connected, but they're connected directly, not through a USB Hub, hope this helps.

Shintaro

Reaction score
It still appears to be problem with USB.
nt!KeBugCheckEx
USBPORT!USBPORT_AssertSig+0x25
USBPORT!USBPORT_EndpointFromHandle+0x17
USBPORT!USBPORT_ProcessURB+0x5fb
USBPORT!USBPORT_PdoInternalDeviceControlIrp+0x138
USBPORT!USBPORT_Dispatch+0x1dc
nt!IovCallDriver+0x566
usbhub!UsbhSyncSendCommand+0x262
usbhub!UsbhSetHubRemoteWake+0xa7
usbhub!UsbhArmHubWakeOnConnect+0x31
usbhub!UsbhSshSuspendHub+0xbb
usbhub!Usbh_SSH_HubActive+0x13f
usbhub!Usbh_SSH_Event+0x147
usbhub!UsbhHubSSH_Worker+0x2d
usbhub!UsbhHubWorker+0x63
nt!IopProcessWorkItem+0x23
nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
USBPORT!USBPORT_AssertSig+25
fffff880`0411027d cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: USBPORT!USBPORT_AssertSig+25

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: USBPORT

IMAGE_NAME: USBPORT.SYS

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d8c0c08

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_USBPORT!USBPORT_AssertSig+25

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_USBPORT!USBPORT_AssertSig+25
I need to do a bit more research today, but something I could suggest is to remove all USB devices prior to Cold start.

I'll try and find out more about what is going on with the USB.

Shintaro

Reaction score
So what I am thinking is that maybe a device attached to your USB does not understand or has problems with "UsbhSetHubRemoteWake".

Testing:

1/ Remove all USB devices prior to Cold start. Then add them back one-at-a-time. See if one device has problems.
2/ Disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS.
3/ Uninstall USB Drivers -> reboot -> reinstall UB drivers.
4/ The oldest device that seems to be attached to your PC is the XBox. Maybe it is the problem??

BTW is your Keyboard & mouse wireless USB or PS/2?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll give that a try, although I have already booted this morning, so I won't be able to test it thoroughly until tomorrow:) My Keyboard & Mouse are both PS/2

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cool, I''ll wait for your post. in your morning.

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro, I've tried the troubleshooting steps you have suggested, I started from cold this evening without any USB Devices in, then reattached 1 at a time, currently no BSOD's have occured. At this stage I will not be able test again until tomorrow evening, when I will leave all the devices in and cold boot. I have changed my RAM to 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @ 1333 mhz as the old RAM appeared to be causing at least some of the issues. Will post again tomorrow after the 2nd phase of this experiment :)

Shintaro

Reaction score
Why do you say that the old RAM was causing problems? What made you think that?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Another (Long) way to test during a cold boot would be to:
Day 1: Only Wireless adapter connected.
Day 2: Wireless and Logitech connected.
Day 3: Wireless, Logitech & Xbox connected.

Of course, plug in what you need after the cold boot. But it is the cold boot scenario that we are trying to test.

I am still trying to find out how to identify which device is causing the crash. If it does crash please upload the minidump.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro , the RAM suspect was an issue prior to the rebuilt, in order for the system to be stable, I essentially had to change the RAM settings manually every time I booted the system. To eliminate this as a potential cause I thought it best to change the RAM, the new RAM is only Dual Channel, not Triple and Runs at 1333 Mhz, not 1600 Mhz. We'll see tomorrow if my theory is correct, I'll let you know either way :)

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro, it appears that changing the RAM has resolved the BSOD issues, I cold booted this evening with all 3 USB devices attached, no BSOD, it booted perfectly, so I think I can go ahead and close down this thread as resolved, thanks again for all your help:)