Bluetooth devices

Reaction score
I have tried get several bluetooth headsets to work with usb bluetooth radio dongle with no luck. In the beta the drivers would fail to install but the devices was seen. Now in the rc the drivers install but the devices continuosly pop in and out like you are unplugging and plugging in the usb bluetooth radio. I have dug through all the properties and the toubleshooter. They seem to have gotten closer to functionality with the rc's drivers. I have not tried any manufacturers drivers yet. I'm not sure who made a couple of the devices, ie the usb dongle and one of the headsets. The other 3 are Motor Trend 64Max, Blue Eagle BT-900, and Morola HT820.

Just wanting to add that the Sony PS3 has no problem driving any of these headsets. MS should learn from them lol

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
You've run through the Beta/RC OS checklist?
-Compatibility Mode
-Run as Admin
-Troubleshoot
-Redownload
-Reboot
-Think HARD

Could you possibly post some screenshots? That might help us.

Reaction score
I would also suggest to post some actual screenshots of error messages you are getting.Also drivers for Windows 7 hasn't yet all matured.You need to wait before all your devices can work with Win 7.

Reaction score
I'm not sure screenshots would help much. I'm not getting any error messages. I've watched the radio when it happens. The light will come on steady then flicker with activity and I'll hear music for a second then the light will go out and the headset will disappear in Devices and Printers. A couple seconds later it reappears, the light comes on steady, starts flashing.. and the cycle repeats. The system reports the dongle is a CSR radio chipset. This was an ebay cheapy. Like 5 bucks total. Guess you get what you pay for.
Last night I purchased an Iogear Bluetooth dongle, 19$ at walmart, that came with Widcomm drivers. Windows did try to get drivers from update but found none. So far the only issue is it uses it's own bluetooth software which places a My Bluetooth Places icon on the desktop and crashes explorer when you run it. Windows suggests downloading updated software from Broadcomm. Well I tried that but it complains about not being able to start the Microsft bluetooth stack during it dectection process.
I can get to properties through the tray applet to work everything.
At least it does work and I can use my headsets. They're not cheap.

Ask a Question