Bluetooth connection issue

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a new bluetooth dongle (easy idea CSR 4.0) and installed the drivers, which came with it (CSR Harmony Software Stack), but I have a very annoying problem. When I connect my airpods2 and play some music, the sound quality is very very poor, like the sound has been recorded in a bathroom and there is a big lag between the sound and the image (about 5 seconds). I get error when trying to connect A2DP, only handsfree connection is working. Another thing is that I can't connect my bluetooth mouse (corsair harpoon). I have tried almost everything I found on the net, but nothing helped. The interesting thing is that I tried the dongle on another two PCs with the same windows copy and everything works fine.

I have tried:

- Changing Bluetooth Support Service from Services menu to startup type: automatic.

- Disabling bluetooth microphone.

- Installing every driver I found on the net.

- Updating my bios drivers

- Updating my sound drivers

- Reseting the airpods, the pc... many many times...

I am using:

- Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate

- Motherboard: Asus p8p67 m pro

- Intel i5-2500

The only issue I see on my pc is that my usb 3.0 is not working properly, but I am not connecting the dongle on them.

P.S Sorry if this topic is not on the right forum category.

Reaction score
I had the problem today on my work laptop at my Apknite company so I remembered about your problem. I found a working driver (there are like 3 versions on the net but only one work for my same dongle). Is it the small cheap CSR4.0? If so, this will work and with aptX too
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11BniVL1wu3HezfNGsJSDtE5aXPJATUSa/view?usp=sharing
You might want to try it.

Ask a Question