Blackjack 1

Reaction score
the windows mobile center "thingy" for syncing smart phones starts to connect to my blackjack 1 but, after a while says error. there were drivers for xp but not vista or windows 7? If it is on the phone side then perhaps i need to confide in the smart phone gurus i used windows mobile 6.1 bogart but ithink he said it was the lastreasle of bogart.

Reaction score
Hi cdoublejj - welcome to the site :ciao:

Here is something I found on vista problems from another forum it may help here

I have just spent the last couple hours trying to get my BlackJack to sync with newly installed Vista. I've installed, uninstalled, restarted, restarted, etc. Happy to report that I found out where my problem was.

I use Windows Live OneCare. When I connect the BlackJack it pops up an alert that I'm connected to a unsecured network and changes my Firewall "slider" setting to restricted. After some trial an error I managed to figure out that I needed to uncheck a selection.

In the OneCare settings I moved the firewall protection level slider back down to automatic and in other settings I unchecked "automatically change my Firewall protection lever when I connect to an unsecured network".

That did it however I'm not sure why Windows thinks that the BlackJack is an unsecured network?
Read more here - ActiveSync Problem with Samsung BlackJack (SGH-i607) and Windows Vista

Reaction score
well it would show up in device manager as unknown. also unrelated think i might be having FW issues with telnet i heard it has security issues or is the security issue.
trying myBJ1 with both firewalls disabled.

EDIT firewalls have no effect it still says error

Last edited: