Best FREE Games

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
The games I play most often are Microsoft Hearts and Spades (online versions). They came with XP and now they took 'em away!

This is the real reason they made Virtual XP - business apps smapps - it's for the old games! Luckily I found them in Windows.old
Are you sure? I still have them.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is a new internet spades but it is quite different and internet hearts which I play probably 9 times to 1, is gone.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah... Ok.

Well they did take away a lot of features from XP and Vista, and those were part of the doomed games.

Any other games?

Reaction score
ive played games such DDO facebook games (social city)
my favorite game that is not free is WoW

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
ive played games such DDO facebook games (social city)
my favorite game that is not free is WoW
WoW sounds kinda fun... One of my best friends is a WoW addict, so he talks about it all the time.
Oh, and he got a free craked version...

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
There is a new internet spades but it is quite different and internet hearts which I play probably 9 times to 1, is gone.
You may be able to bring the XP versions of the Windows games over to 7. I have not tried this or even looked into it, but for the brief while that my wife used 7 on her PC, she wanted me to bring the old MS Paint back and that was not a problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Core, the old XP MS Internet hearts & spades will not run in native 7 (at least not 64bit), it says they are incompatible.

But they run perfectly well in Virtual XP - as I said I believe this is the TRUE purpose of Virtual XP - it's the DOSBox equivalent for windows games.

BWS

Reaction score
Duke Nukem 3D or Bonkheads, fun games, old, but fun ones, besides, they are free.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The games I play most often are Microsoft Hearts and Spades (online versions). They came with XP and now they took 'em away!

This is the real reason they made Virtual XP - business apps smapps - it's for the old games! Luckily I found them in Windows.old
I don't play hearts, so cannot give an opinion, but they moved a couple, and created more, online games to MSN Games. Is this the one you want?
http://zone.msn.com/en/hearts/default.htm?intgid=hp_multiplayer_2

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No that isn't the one I was referring to. If you have virtual PC XP mode the games are installed in there so I'm good. I have tried that one you posted but it has some variations that are a bit different, they spiffed up the graphics, and you play it through the webpage. The old XP version is pretty basic but although it links players IPs via a Microsoft host app, the actual game is local (not in a browser).

So as I said I am good, because I have XP mode and I even figured out how to link the icon out to W7. But I do appreciate your effort.

Ask a Question