Back up for separate hard drives in dual boot

Reaction score
I am new to this so please be patient...Can I use a backup program such as Easeus to back up both of my hard drives (one W7 the other XP) to an external one and can I do it from one drive only or do I have to backup W7, close down, open up the XP drive and backup again?
Also can I synch the two drives for pictures and documents?
If I can do either or both , please tell me how. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi kdbee - Welcome to w7forums

There is no need in running the OS you want to backup. You can backup both OS's from either one.

Keep in mind the Backup Image of the OS you are running at the time, when restored may give you an error "Windows was not shut down properly". Ignore the error and everything will be fine, I get this error all the time. If for some reason this error bothers you, use the cloning software boot disk so you are not actually running the OS during the time of cloning.

If you have a separate partition for your data (photos and documents), There will not be a problem sharing data. I wouldn't start browsing or linking to files within another OS's partition.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.
I now need to learn about "the cloning software boot disk"!
Neither of my drives are partitioned so do I presume it would be better to copy over photos and docs using a flash drive?

Ask a Question