ATI Crossfire BSOD

Reaction score
I got that hotfix while I was trying to find a solution for the problem, thanks anyway :p. The date on their page is exactly what I have - sorry for the delay, the adapter's reinstallation caused some hurdles. Video driver reinstallation time.

Reaction score
Heh heh...I'm not worried about how quick you do things...I'm not going anywhere. :)

Cool....

Reaction score
Alright, let's see now.

Works so far, will play a bit to see if any issues arise.

Reaction score
**** I think you actually fixed it.

I love you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
HAHA disregard that.

It didn't fix it. It runs better sure, but it didn't fix the main issue.

The moment a game's full screen it just goes straight to BSOD. But running the games in Windowed mode bypasses the issue.

I'll upload the second dump.

Reaction score
Yep, upload....

and install the monitor driver(s) for your monitor(s) from the manufacturer's site(s).

Reaction score
That would imply that the OP would have the same monitors I do, no?

I mean the issue's the same and it only seems to be with these cards in CF.

/downloading if available

Reaction score
That would imply that the OP would have the same monitors I do, no?

I mean the issue's the same and it only seems to be with these cards in CF.

/downloading if available
No, it's just a troubleshooting method to guarantee it is not the issue.

Reaction score
The Asus panel has no driver per say, I got the Samsung's - although it's not listed as compatible with Win 7 (installed fine, for the record).

Reaction score
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename anodlwfx.sys to anodlwfx.BAK then reboot.

Test it out.

Reaction score
Anod's back? lol Alright.

It's highly possible it came with one of the drivers I reinstalled - probably the adapter.

Reaction score
Okay cool story: killing ANOD renders my wireless adapter incapable of connecting to anything.

So yeah, I guessed right.

Reaction score
It works fine - it used to be more unstable then that (it would BSOD after a while, instead of instantly), but like I said, the moment I try to load up a game running on the same engine in full screen mode with Crossfire on - BSOD. So you provided half the solution it seems. I fail to understand why ANOD would have anything to do with it, the adapter's from my old build and that one didn't run into any similar difficulties (admittedly, it wasn't specced out the same way). Seems really linked to ATI's programming, if you ask me.

Reaction score
Old drivers from before July 2009 not intended for Windows 7 can and do cause memory corruption.

Reaction score
There's probably a hardware issue you're having.

The psu could be too weak, you might have the cards running off the same rail or a bridge issue.

If it's only happening when Crossfire is used, probably has something to do with the psu or how you have the cards wired.

Which psu do you have?

Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I mention that the moment I re-enable Crossfire after opening the game everything is alright?

I also took the time to mention what PSU I had.

Reaction score
Of course I haven't verified consistency, but so far that's how it works with Source games
It still can be a hardware issue with the cards running off the same rail, which I would check.

If that's well, then the issue is with Source company or whatever that is. Patch those games to latest and/or contact the company to see what they say.

Ask a Question