3RVX

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
3RVX
3RVX is a skinnable volume display and controller. It shows your sound volume level with its on-screen display (OSD) and also allows you to control the volume via a skinnable slider or custom hotkeys. Supports drive eject notification, mouse hotkeys, and a wide range of customization options.
3RVX

An onscreen volume display is NOT native to Windows but many laptops and some desktops ship with this feature installed by the manufacturers. When these computers are upgraded to Windows 7 the owners suddenly find it absent.

You may be able to find the original manufacturers software on their install disks or their website but if you can't or if your computer never had this feature then give 3RVX a try.

This product has two main features:
1. A skinable onscreen visual display of your volume every time it changes.
2. The ability to assign function keys to Vol +, Vol -, & Mute which is great if you don't have an enhanced keyboard with volume controls.

3RVX has many volume skins available to suit any taste.
Besides the default skins that install with the application,
You can also find additional skins HERE
And some I created: View attachment 3RVX_Dial-Bars_ByTrainableMan.zip
Or create your own!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent - I've been looking for something like this for my laptop! This should make it much easier to change volume with a few keypresses.

Do you know if the CPU load is low/negligible?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Normally it's nearly imperceptible in the background though I can hit 4.6% CPU if I am holding the volume up or down keys which forces the onscreen display active. It is definitely worth trying. I have been using it for about 6 months or so and am quite pleased with it.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TM, I'll give it a shot :)