“BOOTMGR IS MISSING”, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON…Blue screen.

Reaction score
“BOOTMGR IS MISSING”, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON…Blue screen.

Windows 7 64 Pro (oem)
8GB DDR2
Intel Q6600 Quad 2.4 GHz
MSI - MS-7345 Platinum MoBo
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Total available graphics memory - 4095MB
Dedicated graphics memory - 512MB
Shared system memory - 3583MB
DirectX 11

Hello- I posted here in Windows7 about two weeks ago, when I had similar issues, but that was with my Pinnacle Studio 15, which I uninstalled until I can get a handle on why this computer suddenly shuts down and the blue screen, and error messages ensue. I only received one post, but did not answer my questions. I wonder if all this was caused by an unstable Firefox browser. I don't like Chrome or IE, so I want this to work with Firefox.

I was doing my normal computer habits using Firefox 9 (before my recent upgrade to 10.0.1) surfing around websites, then suddenly the screen goes white, “FIREFOX NOT RESPONDING”, then shuts down and restarts with a BLUE SCREEN has on the top line, “BOOTMGR is MISSING”. I hit Ctrl-alt-Delete, Launched “STARTUP REPAIR”, then another blue screen, ”PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.” I tried effortlessly to restart in SAFE MODE by tapping on the F8 key. So after many attempts, I came to a SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS, I tried the startup repair again, that did not work.

I shut down, I unplugged two 2GB sticks of RAM, unplugged any USB hardware devices like my scanner/printer, etc. Rebooted, inserted the WINDOWS7 CD, “PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE”, I see the WINDOWS LOADING FILES, STARTING WINDOWS, then the Blue screen again.. ”A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer”. Then a message,”QL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL”, then “THE BOOT SELECTION FAILED BECAUSE A REQUIRED DEVICE IS INACCESSIBLE.” THEN ANOTHER,
FLTMGR.SYS, PAGE_ FAULT_ IN_ NON_ PAGED_ AREA.” COLLECTING DATA FROM CRASH DUMP.”

When I first started seeing all this, I tried to get into safe mode to go to Control panel and try a windows 7 REPAIR, which I found out that OEM versions do not support this. Could this have been a FIREFOX issue? I uninstalled the 9.0 version, then reinstalled the newer and latest version, and so far, so good. I did not have to re-install Windows all over again. I finally got to do a Restore Point to one week earlier, then the windows started normally again. I called ATT because I could not run a virus scan, it kept on going off, so they told me I might have a virus preventing me to run a scan. As it turned out, I was able to a complete scan on my main drive and it found nothing.

So in looking at all of these error message above, what would one think on the cause of such behavior, and what precautions should I do in the future to get my computer back on line? Could it have been FIREFOX all along until I upgraded to v10? Thank you!

Ask a Question