XP Mode

Reaction score
Part of the reason I bought the pro version was for XP Mode, However after installing XP Mode per direction when I try to set it up I get an error message telling my it is already running and only copy can be running and to close the other copy. The only problem is there is not another copy running and I am not at all happy it will not run.I do not really want to reinstall the o/s again just to start over as I have already installed a few items. any idea how to fix this problem?

Heres the exact error msg I get when trying to start XP Mode: ' Cannot start windows Virtual PC while another visualization software is running. Please close the other virtutualization software and try again.'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you running VMWare or virtualbox or something along those lines?

Bryan [MSFT]
Architect Evangelist

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Monguse

I would suggest (if your not running any other VM) uninstall XP Mode - Windows Virtual PC and download / install again. I use XP Mode - Windows Virtual PC and I find it to be a very handy tool.

Ask a Question