SOLVED XP Mode “Not complete setup - please try again”

Reaction score
Just updated to Win 7 64 bit Professional. Installed all programs in win7 and home network for three computers. Downloaded HAV and all was good. Download Windows XP Mode, and Windows Virtual PC. They showed up in program they way they should. Double click XP Mode to start the install. At the end of install had message "Could Not Complete Setup - Please Try Again". I tried four times and got the same message. Used windows uninstall removed Windows XP Mode. Downloaded XP Mode and ran the program, and got the same message. First time I saved it in downloads the file name is "WindowsXPMode_en-us". I have XP Mode loaded on a laptop, it has been working for some time now.

Reaction score
It seams that this is a common issue with AMD six core processors. If you are using an AMD, and have the same issue start a search "XP mode - Could not complete setup". You will find a lot of information. This is what I found, but look for your self. I applied the hot fix for AMD CPU supplied by support.microsoft.com/kb/2519949. After the hot fix all is fine. XP Mode up and running AutoCad LT 2000. This is the only application I need XP Mode for I am way to old to purchase a fifteen hundred dollar AutoCad that will run on Vista and/or W-7.

Ask a Question