WPA wireless question?

Reaction score
First of all i am not sure if i am posting this thread on right place.
i have WPA protected wireless network and for the last 10 days my interntet has been sukced out quickly which makes me think that someone has broken my WPA password but yet i am not sure and don't know how to catch any intruders?
any ideas, help pls!

PC platform:
Windows 7 x64
amd sempron
4gb ram

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Login to your router and see who is connected. Consult your router manual for how/where to do this.

WPA-2 encryption is actually recommended over WPA. You also might consider locking your router down to specific MAC addresses (get the mac address of each wireless device you use and add it to the list of approved devices in the router).

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
At the end of the day you have to secure your router. Additional software may make it easier to configure your router, but it does little to protect anything. TMan gave some sage advice... Use MAC access filtering to limit connecting devices to your own systems, and use a tighter encryption method if available.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Also, ensure that your router has the been upgraded to the latest firmware update.

Sometimes a "hard reset" is necessary to get it back to good operating condition.

You press the little recessed button on the back of the router with a pen point or pencil while router is still powered on. Hold than little button down for about 10-15 seconds until you see the LEDs flash, then let go and it will reset to factory defaults.

Reconfigure your router use the WPA2-PSK security protocol plus the tips offered by Core.

Ask a Question