windows media centre 30 second instant skip

Reaction score
Hi

Have just upgraded from build 7000 to 7068 and have found that the 30 second instant skip feature in windows media center no longerworks (same with the instant replay feature). Anyone else found this problem, any fixes?

Cheers

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like this is now fixed in RC1 :)

Reaction score
Still no go

Installed RC today, and the 30 second advance still not working. I went back and installed Beta 7000 (fresh install) and the function still works in that version of Windows 7. It must be a strange combination of hardware that is causing the problem for me cause I have been unable to find no one else on the net complaining about it (except wjanowski). Unless not many people use WMC? I hope someone out there finds a solution soon I dont really fancy going back to Beta7000 or vista, that feature is very handy

Reaction score
am starting to think there will be no solution. may unplug some of the usb peripherals and re-install, see if that helps, you never know, it may be one of them.

Reaction score
Bugger mine still not working, I put beta7000 back on and it was fine, then unplugged everything and reinstalled RC7100 and still no joy. Think I will have to learn to live without it. Maybe the full version will fix it?

Reaction score
Same problem for me, 7100 and no 30 second skip. Hope there is a fix soon.

Reaction score
Not working in RC Build 7100

I just did a clean install of Win 7 RC on the same hardware that supported Vista 64 fine. While the install was a breeze, the 30 sec skip and the replay do not work at all. You can fast forward and fast rewind, but that's it

Reaction score
Mine just started working!

Might sound like a stupid suggestion, but unplug your USB IR Receiver, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in again. I can't think of anything else I did, but it wasn't working yesterday at 7100, and today still at 7100 and it works fine.

Good luck

Reaction score
fix

The common link is intellipoint software for Microsoft Intellipoint mouse and keyboards. I had to install that software to get the bluetooth keyboard and mouse to sync up. that is when the 30 sec skip stopped. When I uninstalled the software, the 30 second skip came back. The good news is the keyboard and mouse still work

Jim A

Reaction score
Still no luck for me, unplugged the the IR receiver, nothing. Dont use a microsoft mouse or keyboard. I must note that the function is working on the keyboard (always has) it is only on the remote that the function is not working.

Reaction score
Still not happening with build 7600, does anyone know what reg the skip button is mapped to? may be there is some way to use regedit? or are microsoft releasing a new remote for media center 7

Reaction score
Have just discovered that if I press the mouse button on the remote to allow me to move the mouse pointer around the screen it also enables the 30 second skip feature!! Now all I need to do is swap that around so it is working in the mouse of setting.

Reaction score
My forward and back skip stopped working as well. I believe it started after I installed the latest Media Center Connector software for Windows Home Server the other day. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem though.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
dbose, check out this article and specifically item number 4. Then verify your registry settings are still correct to skip properly.

Reaction score
Stupid Me

I set my secondary monitor (the one I generally have WMC playing on) to portrait mode in order to do a training PDF (easier to read in protrait). Anyway, I had to shrink the WMC window in order to fit it horizontally. This had the effect of making the buttons disappear. This happened about the same time I installed a connector update, and I made the wrong assumption.

I guess M$ doesn't want the icons to go below a certain size, so if one shrinks the window too much, they just disappear.

Thanks for the response anyway and I apologise for wasting your time. I'll try to be a bit more observant in the future so as not to ask stupid questions.

DB

Ask a Question