Windows freeze upon LAN connection

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a windows 7 freeze problem when there is a LAN connection to my desktop PC. My Windows 7 is 64-bit, running on Core2 Quad, 4GB ram, and 1GB nVidia 9600GT.
I did the search but no thread seems to be relevant to my problem.
The symptoms are like this...
1. When another computer in my LAN network try to access some files in my problem PC, it works properly for about ten seconds and then eternally freezes. (mouse cursor also freezes)
2. I have tried setting up a PS3 media server on this PC to stream musics and videos, my PS3 can read the files for a moment, say around 10 seconds, and my PC freezes. This freeze also crashes the network and everything. It doesn't unfreeze no matter how long I I wait.
3. in those freezes, even my mouse cursor freezes when I moved my mouse. I can't do anything, cannot open Task Manager since the PC doesn't receive any input anymore. The only thing i can do is to push the restart button.
4. My internet connection works well.
5. The LAN connection between other computers not involving my problem PC seems to work well.
6. All devices (PC, notebook, PS3) are connected via the same wireless router. At this point, I think the router has nothing to do with this problem.

I have had this problem for a long time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you, I hope for good answers.

Reaction score
looks like it its solved with a new motherbeard driver (asus p5k-se)^^

Ask a Question