Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts Ctrl - Alt - X for Example, are Slow to Respond

Reaction score
When using preset keyboard shortcuts such as "Ctrl - Alt - W" to start MS Word or any other combination of keyboard shortcut the delay can be 3 to 5 seconds on one of my computers. On my other computers the response is almost instant with maybe 1/2 second delay if that much. For example I use "Ctrl - Alt - X" to start Excel.

If I click on on the icon in the task-bar the program starts almost instantly; better than 1/2 second delay. If I double click the icon on the desktop the program starts instantly. Once started the program loads so fast it's impossible to read the start logo of the program. It is only with the "Ctrl - Alt -X" shortcuts that I have this issue.

I tried doing many Google searches about this problem and could not find any viable answer.

This computer is using 2 X SSD 1TB RAID drive setup with 2 HHD data drives rated at 6 GB/sec transfer rate, and 16 GB DDR4 RAM. Speed with this beast is not an issue.

Reaction score
I tried everything from cache settings to performance settings, to swap file settings and etc. I have two computers almost identical except the mother board in one of them is a bit older. I have one computer that has this delay, but it does work.

Ask a Question