Windows 7 Hair Pulling Aggravation

Reaction score
1. Can't seem to resolve the flash player sound issue
2. USB ports are in and out at random, one minute they are there the next they are unrecognized
3. USB dirves are recognized, then not, then are, then not, over just a few minutes.
4. Copying between drives in the system works to half way then the copy freezes, cancelling cause additional freezing that only a hard reboot fixes, nothing in the task manager will shut the problem down.

These issues were all within a very short time, I have a lot more to list but see no point. I noticed someone else also having an issue with resident resolution changing in a game even when the game is set to the systems match. I tried everything to get it to at least be playable (Reflexive Arcade Richochet Infinity) and that proved tobe a waste of time.
5; Ran a boot diagnostice on my complete system only to return the results I already knew, nothing wrong with any of the hardware
^. Keyboard is sometimes ALL over the place! Dropped keypresses, cursor relocating itself somewhere else on the page, space bar not working

except for the painful issue thatVista had posed for me,nothing compares to this burden, I think its time to put XP back on and wait for a service pack. This windows has given me more problems than any prior wersion that I have installed before, and I actually gave this one more time to try before I dump it. The main reason for the extra time was to make up for the fact I had never run a 64 bit OS before, and wanted to make this work.

Reaction score
Are you sure the right drivers are being installed? Not trying to say your dumb, but it sounds like this could be the problem for some of your issues. I have had this problem before with drivers, and it caused a lot of head aches.

Reaction score
I'm positive the drivers are correct for what was available. The sound issue, I've isolated that to being solely a flash problem, windows media embedded works fine. I even went as far as to hook up a wired set of speakers just in case flash had an issue with the optical line (I'm reaching at straws here) I ran an external 'book' style drive to offload my files that need daily storage only to get half way through the dumps and have irrecoverable lock-up. Even the thumb drives behave in the same manner; they get about half way and lock up on file transfers. I tried reducing file sizes by splitting the files (a practice that in the past has caused me a lot of stitching issues later) still the same problem. I have already reverted back to XP due to the need to stay productive, but really hate having the entire ram installed and not using it. (With XP I set up ram drives to handle page filing so it's not a total waste). It's like one issue after another, and I certainly don't want to populate the other systems here with Win 7 x64, until I can get a system running smooth. Mind you the actual problems (save for transfers) are irritants more than anything else, but the minute I run across the board with the system as is, I'll never get anything done.

Thank-You for the reply!

Reaction score
Regarding the USB problem, have you checked to see if Power Management is being applied?
I believe the default is 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and you will need to uncheck it!

Reaction score
Yeh, I had the Power management set correctly, it wasn’t a shut down issue, or insufficient power problem, I concluded it was a caching issue, and created an unrecoverable bottleneck. I reverted back to XP for now and will probably await the first service pack. I really don’t want to run the 32 bit version because I enjoy the speed with the amount of ram that can be used at 64 bits, but with the side issues that were creeping in(quickly at times) I don’t want to take the chance, I lost enough with that freaken Vista, and even though the confidence level is high for Win 7, I need to get the answers before I reload the system again.

Thank-You for the reply!

Ask a Question