Windows 7 freeze help!

Reaction score
I am one frustrated dude! I feel like smashing my computer!! anyway my computer keeps freezing for no apparent reason and at intermittent times..when I am on the net, gaming or on startup.I am running windows 7 .I know that it may be a driver issue so I have tried to update all the drivers I know of but I did download driver wizz and its telling me nvidia nforce PCI management is out of date. Is this possible? and how the hell do you update it?? I have tried scouring the net, nvidia's website and other sources to no avail!

Could it be the power source? not enough? drivers?

I am running a asus m2n68-am-se2 motherboard with a AMD X3 phenom 8650 CPU, Geforce 9800 GT, 4GB ddr2 ram. I have updated the graphics card on the Nvidia website but it still freezes, sometimes while I am gaming it will freeze and repeat the same sound like when a cd skips. Any help greatly appreciated!!

one frustrated dude..

Reaction score
Try checking the your Event Viewer to see if anything shows up.

also check whether your chipset driver is installed correctly or at all, go to device manager and check for any issues there.

Go to Asus website and double check for all latest driver's there.

next you could try this; http://www.memtest86.com/

Maybe your AV is causing you issue's???? try disabling see how you go or uninstall and install microsoft security essentials

Ask a Question