Window Explorer Crash when get into folder

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know what happen with window explorer when I go into folder of movies, it'd crash and restart explorer as you see following image. But for other folder that contain other files beside movies, have no problem. Could someone help me to solve this?

I used Windows 7 with Core i3, 2 GB of RAM, 500 GB of HDD...

Thanks.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you scanned for malware?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If a full virus scan returns nothing then my hunch would be a bad handler for the movie type extensions.

First I would probably insert the W7 DVD and run a system repair just to make sure it isn't a corrupt system file. Reboot.

If the problem still persists then I would look for movie software you have installed and run the uninstall (control panel > Programs and Features ... Uninstall a program). Reboot. See if the error persists. If you have more, then uninstall another one. Repeat.

Let us know the results.

Reaction score
I tried to uninstall movie software and scan hard disk but the problem still exist.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What about installing the W7 DVD and running system repair?

What movie software(s) do you use? After running the system repair reinstall one piece of movie software.

Ask a Question