Win7 to replace win8

Reaction score
Call Toshiba and see if they have that option available. If not you can purchase Windows 7 and manually make the transition yourself.

Reaction score
The title of this thread tells a sad story, one that may put MS in the history section. I too bought a Win8 PC last year, hated it, returned it, restarted with my old XP and finally put W7HP in it... the PC is too old but W7 works pretty good in it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the Toshiba came with an OEM version of Windows 8 then you may have downgrade rights (See Microsoft kb2832566) but as Clifford said it is probably best to verify with Toshiba. If your computer is preloaded with a W7 product key in the BIOS then you will also need to know what version of W7 (probably Home Premium).

If it is supported, Toshiba will likely try to sell you the W7 software. Personally I would try doing it yourself first for free by downloading the W7 drivers from the Toshiba website and downloading W7 SP1 from HERE. Generally best to use a 64-bit version unless you have a very good reason not to.

Ask a Question