Win7 system32

Reaction score
could anyone please upload the system32 folder of windows7 32-bit on a site like megaupload or something, for free download, mine seems to be corrupt for some reason. (i'm using ubuntu live cd)

Reaction score
Do you have Windows 7 Install DVD? If so boot to the DVD and perform the Repair Install.

You are only asking for more headaches, by asking for someone else's system32 folder. Some of the files may not be needed for your system while others may not have been needed for their system. In other words what you ask may not be of help to you.

Have you also considered the possibility that someone could also send a virus to your computer this way, even if it's not intensional.

Reaction score
i lost the win7 dvd somewhere, otherwise i'd just reinstall it, and all my files would go into windows.old, i need system32 for Toshiba Sattelite P200 with Intel GMA950 graphics chipset. and i don't worry about virus', just installed Kaspersky,

you know, russians are good at 2 things on the computers, Kaspersky and hacking, that just mix' so right!

just found the vista dvd and installed it,

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Expensive thing to lose after such a short time. Incdredibly, it seems to be a common reason for problems on Windows 7 forums.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Guess it's too late now, but had you known a friend or anyone running Windows 7, you could have asked whoever to make a system repair disc for you. Next time you have a problem, a little patience would be of help to you. Sometimes, it takes a while for you to get an answer, give it at least a couple of days.

Reaction score
ok, but what i got from other people is that the system32 differs from each computer, is that correct 'cause if it is then i could just copy the system 32 from my vista to my windows seven. will that work?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can't just copy the system32 from any computer - it sounds like you need to perform a re-install.

What is the actual problem you are experiencing?

Reaction score
I can't reinstall, no cd!+ i had a BSOD on logon but the vista cd fixed it, but when i reinstalled did a mem check it said sytem32 corrupt,

Reaction score
i smell something fishy too... must be the fish fingers i'm cooking! i'f you can't help then too bad, i guess i'll have to look for an answer were actual people who know stuff !

Reaction score
i smell something fishy too... must be the fish fingers i'm cooking! i'f you can't help then too bad, i guess i'll have to look for an answer were actual people who know stuff !
We do know stuff and you are not listening.
  1. You can not use a Vista repair on a Windows 7 machine and expect things to go right.
  2. I told you in the beginning that you was asking for a bigger headache by copying system folders from one machine to the next.
  3. You should have a Windows Install Disk or Recovery Media if you have Windows 7 legally.
You can download and burn your own copy of Windows 7 Install Media if you have a legal key. There is also Windows Repair Disk for download as an option for system repair.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
We do know stuff and you are not listening.
  1. You can not use a Vista repair on a Windows 7 machine and expect things to go right.
  2. I told you in the beginning that you was asking for a bigger headache by copying system folders from one machine to the next.
  3. You should have a Windows Install Disk or Recovery Media if you have Windows 7 legally.
You can download and burn your own copy of Windows 7 Install Media if you have a legal key. There is also Windows Repair Disk for download as an option for system repair.
I am sure he lost his product key too !!

:D

Ask a Question