will windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) require digital signature?

Reaction score
i tried installing my modem driver in the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version, which asked for a digital signature in the driver, and therefore did not work, so i would like to know, weather even the 32 bit version of windows 7 ultimate would require digital signatures for hardware drivers? Thanks in advance

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi zakir_yo & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

This is because the driver is unsigned and the driver signature enforcement in Windows 7 can only be turned of at risk it was possible to turn that feature off in Vista, but due to new kernel security updates, it is impossible to turn it off without degrading security and stability of your operating system or putting your master boot records in risk by using other software alternatives. But there is a small freeware utility that can enable you to use such drivers (Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider)

Link > http://www.blogsdna.com/2775/instal...th-driver-signature-enforcement-overrider.htm

I would stress you only use this for your Modem Driver.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yet, will windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) require digital signature?

i tried the test mode option when i had windows 7 64 bit, yet it did not seem to work, but now my question is weather the 32 bit version would require digital signature? Thanks in advance....

Reaction score
Hi zakir_yo - Welcome to w7forums

Are you installing a 64-Bit modem driver?
The 32-Bit driver will not work with 64-Bit OS.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
What driver are you trying to install to what system zakir_yo?

Reaction score
modem driver on windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)

i was trying to install my ZTE ADSL 852 modem driver on the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but i thought of putting windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, as it would not require any digital signatures!

Reaction score
Here is a PDF file I found on the modem - 852 ADSL MODEM
Main Features
  • [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Be compatible with USB1.1 standard[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Using USB bus power, and no additional power is needed[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]High reliability, simple operations and low power consumption[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Supporting LAN or WAN mode and supporting hot swapping[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Supporting Windows 2000, XP (but not VISTA) [/FONT][/FONT]
If Vista is not going to support the device, you may not ever get Windows 7 to support it. You may find that Windows 7 32-Bit will also look for a Digital Signature.

Reaction score
my vista ultimate 32 bit is supports this modem (driver)

Actually i am using internet with this modem through, Vista ultimate(32 bit), yet i got to know that the 32 bit version of windows 7, will not require digital signatures. By the way, i had both 32 and 64 bit drivers for the modem, yet it did not work in Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit). Hope it works on Windows 7 (32 Bit).

Ask a Question