SOLVED Tweak Internet Explorer 9 with IE 9 Tweaker Plus

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Our IE9 Tweaker v 1.0 allowed you to tweak a few settings in IE9 RC. Our Home Page Maker allows you you to customize your Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Opera browser home page. Now combining the best tweaks of these two apps – and more – we have now developed and released a new freeware IE9 Tweaker Plus.

IE9 Tweaker Plus allows you to tweak, customize and change over 27 settings in Internet Explorer 9 RTM, all from one single window. It offers the following tweaks:
Appearance Tweaks:

• Show/Lock Menu Bar
  • Show/Lock Command Bar
  • Show/Lock Links Bar
  • Show/Hide Status Bar
  • Show large/small icons
  • Toggle 3D border
  • Use Clear Type fonts
  • Toggle Caret Browsing
  • Always start in full screen
  • Tweak maximum connections and downloads
  • Set maximum rows on New Tab page: 2 to 5
Security Tweaks:

• Disable Internet Options
  • Disable Menu Bar
  • Disable Command Bar
  • Disable Links bar
  • Disable Favorites
  • Fix savings passwords issue
  • Disable full-screen
  • Disable RSS feeds pane
  • Disable Windows Search – web history indexing
  • Set InPrivate Home page
  • Create InPrivate Desktop Shortcut
  • Create InPrivate Start Menu shortcut
IE9 Tweaker Plus also allows you to create a custom home page. Its Home Page Maker module allows you customize your Internet Explorer 9 home page.
This is how a customized home page can look in Internet Explorer 9!

To learn more about how it works or to customize your Firefox, Chrome & Opera browser home page, you can visit Home Page Maker.
IE9 Tweaker Plus also allows you the restore all Internet Explore 9 settings to its default values.

IE9 Tweaker Plus v 2.0 has been developed by Lee Whittington for The Windows Club. It has been tested on Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
At first glace, it does seem as though someone has wrapped up all the already in place, and available, Tools - options?

Reaction score
Nibiru2012: Came across a posting referring me here and wanted to say Thank You for mentioning my app. :)

davehc: Yes a couple are available in Internet Options but monitoring users usage of IE alot seem to not be able to find those settings or just don't understand them. The majority though are not available for the normal user to access, especially if a user does not have GPedit. :)

*Note: Though I added Disable Cleartype, I should have not added it and next update it will be removed. Cleartype is now handled by the Hardware Accelerator.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi Lee. Well I thought I should have a look, after my critical comment, but unfortunately none of the tweaks would work. Whenever I reopened the program, the marked items were unmarked. Any ideas? Is it perhaps only for 32Bit?

Awfully similar to Tweak IE9, written for earlier versions but works with 9.

Reaction score
Hi Dave. I'm sorry to hear that. I currently use x64 and wrote the app testing it on my own IE.

Tweak IE9 was somewhat of a ripped idea from my original IE9 Tweaker that was written for the Beta builds of IE9. I agree, none of those options work on IE9 RTM which is the reason for IE9 Tweaker Plus, which is strictly for IE9 RTM.

I've had over 10,000 downloads of it since it's release yesterday morning and so far yours is the only issue been reported except the ClearType font issue. I'll keep an eye open and keep checking just to make sure. :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I just love it when I stir the proverbial pot... so to speak!

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website Lee!

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I reinstalled IE9 and got some of the tweaks to work. I think the problem was that I had already applied most of the tweaks previously, through the options or registry patches, so there was a clash along the line.

Ask a Question