sleep mode

Shintaro

Reaction score
Typically press the on button. But that depends on the hardware. What kind of computer do you have?

Reaction score
I hasve a HP desktop. I should modify my request to state that I want sleep mode to stop happining altogether.
Thanks.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow responce.
Source: HERE.

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button
    , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

4. On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:
    • If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

• If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.
  5. Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:
    • If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

• If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.
  6. If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

7. Click OK, and then click Save changes.

Ask a Question