Secure NAS behind router?

Reaction score
I bought a new NAS for my network last week, and I have secured the network folders with a password. The NAS is connected to a router which is then connected to the internet. There is no port forwarding or anything like that, so it should be hidden.

Is this secure enough, or would someone be able to hack in to my NAS?

Reaction score
Hi bouncybouncy - Welcome to w7forums

I am no expert on the matter. Seems to me if someone could hack past your router and see your network, the NAS would not be the only thing compromised. What I am saying is that the NAS is only as secure as the rest of your network. Which is usually hidden behind a firewall built within the router. It looks as if you already knew this though. :)

Reaction score
If the NAS is behind a router and there is no forwarding, you cannot possibly get any more safe. :)

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
As long as your router has a hardware firewall then yes, it is as safe as anything else would be. :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Just to add bouncybouncy if you have not done already do change your Router Name and Password in your Router settings .... Router manufactures are not very imaginative with there default Names and Passwords.

Ask a Question