Problem with Outlook Express (in XP)

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with OE in one of it's settings.
If I go tools>options>spelling the only language it will show is French so of course if I let it correct my spelling in an email you'd all be reading French now.

I'm not normally an OE user, much preferring Mozilla Thunderbird but in that perverse way of operating systems and software when I re-installed my XP Pro many things no longer ran the same as they did before, Thunderbird being one of them. Why?? Who knows, as I was just putting back everything I had before.

Be that as it may I'm now using OE and need to get it tweaked properly. In everything else it's working okay, just this spelling thing.

Reaction score
I have word and office installed.. That link you gave sort of worked in as much as it let me select English (US) as part of the spell check, trouble is it does not actually check anything.. If I give it a wrong word it gives me the same word to replace it with.

Nice try though, thanks for looking.

Reaction score
I have since made a discovery. The only dictionary available in Word is,, wait for it,, French. Although I can select other languages at next restart of word it's gone back to French again. So I'm guessing that's where my email problem is.

Jeez I hate computers.

Ask a Question