problem opening html files with firefox

Reaction score
i double click on an html file and the message is "there was a problem sending the command to the program".

i can right click on the html file and choose open with internet explorer and the file opens fine. but it will not let me choose firefox. i have over and over again chosen firefox as the browser i want to open html files.

why is windows7 not allowing this to happen with firefox? getting a bit frustrated with with buggy windows 7.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
<<have you tried this.
Control panel (icon view) - Default Programs- Set your default program.
You should se Firefox in the list. Click it and set it as your default program.

Reaction score
Windows 7 is NOT buggy! It's just a new learning curve and you're being frustrated by it.
believe it or not a reboot solved this problem. i beg to disagree. it works fine, but it's buggy. for example, my configurations have a strange habit of being changed.

something as simple as customizing the tray icons. i find that occasionally a program will revert back to a defalt setting for no reason at all. other settings as well. it's strange. if it isn't buggy, then i have some personal computer bugs i need to work out.

also every now and then those annoying explorer crashes which wipe out tray icons.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"then i have some personal computer bugs i need to work out.
also every now and then those annoying explorer crashes which wipe out tray icons. "

Could be, or unsaved settings. Scores of reasons. My daily life revolves around installin Vista/7 for others, I have never experienced anymalfunctions "out of the box", other than mishandled installations and customisation.

Reaction score
My problem was resolved when I disabled the FoxyProxy add-on that I had installed. Someone mentioned this in another forum and it worked for me.

Reaction score
Yeah some add-ons whilst seemingly harmless/useful in themselves can cause other issues somewhere along the way.
Have to agree to some extent about config settings not staying as you've set them. 4 times now over 2 weeks I've had to go back into my sound settings and re-configure them correctly. No idea why it's happening as I'm not adding/deleting any sound related software.

Ask a Question